Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Duplo vs Lego for a 4 y o

(8 Posts)
geotrupidae Tue 04-Nov-08 15:43:12

dd1 has a moderate sized stash of duplo which she loves a lot.

Do I buy her more duplo for christmas or move up to a lego starter pack?

Can I use the duplo with the lego?

If I do go with the lego should I just get a big variety box of bricks, or a specific kit?

tia smile

geotrupidae Tue 04-Nov-08 16:17:29

lego 6-er brick shaped bump

tooscaredtoask Tue 04-Nov-08 16:18:56

dont buy more duplo - I did when DS was 4 and regretted it. The 2 arent compatible unfortunately.

Once you start investing however they get years of fun my eldest is now 12 and collects Star Wars lego.

Have fun

Bink Tue 04-Nov-08 16:21:03

Duplo fits on Lego, not vice versa though.
Should think she's getting a bit big for Duplo, so go for Lego. (She'll be able to use the Duplo still, though - see above.)

Just get a mega-bucket from Argos/Woolies/etc. Lots of variety, & somewhere to stash it all, is more important than specific kind of kit.

Marne Tue 04-Nov-08 16:22:41

Dd has lego, she's 4.8 but has had it since before her 4th birthday.

Get a variety bucket.

NorbertDentressangle Tue 04-Nov-08 16:29:00

DS is 4.5 and we've bought this Lego set for him for Xmas (I'm not usually so organised as to buy things this early but we happened to be in a ToysRUs at the w'end).

It looked good as its mainly the basic bricks which form a good basis for building all sorts of things. A lot of the speciality technical stuff is for much older children.

He still plays with his Duplo at home but is definitely ready for moving on to Lego.

My Mum has some Lego (that belonged to my brother) at her house and the the DC play with it there

geotrupidae Tue 04-Nov-08 16:29:44

thank you for your replies.

So Bink are you saying if you make a long wall of lego you can stick the Duplo bits on top of it, to 'bulk' the wall up a bit?

geotrupidae Tue 04-Nov-08 16:30:40

Oh that looks good Norbert.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now