Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a good toy kitchen?

(15 Posts)
jumpyjan Tue 04-Nov-08 12:32:40

Would like to buy DD a toy kitchen for Christmas but am slightly overwhelmed by all the options.

Argos have a little tikes one for I think around £40 which is about as much as we would want to spend, but have seen lots of cheaper ones about but don't know if they would be a bit flimsy?

Anyone recommend a decent one?

jumpyjan Tue 04-Nov-08 12:34:37

yikes.. the Argos Little Tikes one is actually £60 so over budget.

Something around £30 would be ideal.

sammybeth Tue 04-Nov-08 12:43:14

Tesco do a brilliant one with sounds for £25, its on their website. My dd has got this one, shes had it for 3 years and its been passed to her little brother now and its still going strong.

jumpyjan Tue 04-Nov-08 12:52:23

Thanks Sammybeth - is it the blue foldaway talking kitchen?

Nagapie Tue 04-Nov-08 12:59:30

this one from ELC?

sammybeth Tue 04-Nov-08 13:21:25

No its not the fold away one its just free standing

sammybeth Tue 04-Nov-08 13:29:48

Ive just looked on the tesco website and its not on there now but argos have one the same its called Electronic Smart Kitchen or if your dd is really girly Toys r us have the disney princess talking kichen half price at £29.99. My dd has got this now as her brother plays with the other one,it is really lovely.

jumpyjan Tue 04-Nov-08 13:31:53

Thanks Nagapie and Sammybeth. Unfortunately think we are going to actually have to go to the shops as so hard to see what they are like online! Was hoping it would be easy!

sammybeth Tue 04-Nov-08 13:36:20

I would def go to toys r us then as they have a really good choice instore.

pofaced Tue 04-Nov-08 13:36:57

We have a Little Tikes one and it's still going strong 10 years later (although it is foul plastic)... Definitely check them in person and go for the strongest rather than the one with most gizmos.. you'll get a lot of use out of it. I think IKEA do nice wooden cookers which with a set of pots would be fab. Your Dcs will imitate whatever they see you doing so if you cook a lot, all they will need is a cooker

etchasketch Tue 04-Nov-08 13:38:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marne Tue 04-Nov-08 13:38:32

this

half price

a bt too pink

fold away

nice but alot of money

Marne Tue 04-Nov-08 13:40:39

We have been kitchen hunting for a while but have now decided to wait till after x-mas and get one with the dd's x-mas money (maybe 2nd hand), i like this but far too expensive shock

Nemoandthefireworks Tue 04-Nov-08 13:43:14

We have the elc one which we have had for 3yrs. All three dc love it and it has lasted really well. Especially as during the summer etc it lives in the garden and then only comes in for the winter. Might be worth seeing if you can pick one up second hand or getting a 20% off voucher to use at elc.

jumpyjan Tue 04-Nov-08 14:36:58

Thanks for all the suggestions. I thought about the elc one and using the 20% off voucher but they said that would not be possible because its a promotion (you get some free bits and pieces with it at the moment).

Thanks Sammybeth - just found the electric smart kitchen on the Argos website and it looks great. It has got loads of reviews mostly positive too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now