Talk

Advanced search

digital movie camera for ds 11..any suggestions please !

(7 Posts)
MaryAnnSingleton Tue 04-Nov-08 10:09:25

ds is 11 and is making endless films using my digital camera,obviously this is very limited as he can only make short ones etc...can anyone suggest a decent but not hideously expensive movie camera, or whatever they should be called, so he can film things and edit on the computer- I'd be most grateful for suggestions.

goingfor3 Tue 04-Nov-08 10:12:46

flip cameras are meant to be good.

MaryAnnSingleton Tue 04-Nov-08 10:35:55

thanks ! will investigate smile

Merrylegs Tue 04-Nov-08 10:40:05

I'd second Flip - thinking of getting my DS (13) one for Xmas. They are incredibly easy to use - point and shoot basically. They are fairly basic though - don't have a zoom, but are Mac and PC compatible and work on batteries. You just take the little memory stick out of the side and plug it into the computer to edit your films.

MaryAnnSingleton Tue 04-Nov-08 10:46:21

can you do things like make titles for your films on the computer etc ? that is the bit ds is desperate to do - sorry, I sound like a complete techno twat here,am not really,just don't know much about video type things. Would he grow out of a simple one do you think and would it be better to aim for something more advanced ?

Merrylegs Tue 04-Nov-08 11:05:15

Am a complete luddite as far as technology goes - which is why the Flip appeals, (and why I use a mac!) but as far as I understand (have used my BIL's) the editing is fairly basic - that would actually depend more on your computer program and the video software you have on that. If, for eg, you were using iMovie, you could do more stuff with it. Flip does have its own editing software which you download onto your pc first and then you can splice/edit and add effects but again, don't think it's super-sophisticated. It would suit my DS as he likes singing and recording himself, but yours sounds more ambitious!

MaryAnnSingleton Tue 04-Nov-08 11:40:04

Thanks merrylegs ! ds loves filming himself 'presenting' and singing - he has no real techno know-how !!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: