Talk

Advanced search

How can I make this Islabike more "girly" for nearly 5yo DD?

(16 Posts)
mummyineedyounow Mon 03-Nov-08 22:12:12

Its DD's 5th birthday in 3 weeks and we have bought her this Islabike www.islabikes.co.uk/bike_pages/cnoc16/cnoc16-pink.html (after recomendations here I might add!)

We chose it because its supposed to be easy to learn how to ride and DD has struggled with her last Dora the Explorer bike.

The problem is DD has just become very "girly" and I'm worried she won't like it because its mainly black. Any ideas where I can buy some girly bits to add to the bike?

Thanks in advance.

Lubyloo Mon 03-Nov-08 22:17:09

My DD is very girly and has to have everything pink but she loves her Islabike so much that it doesn't seem to bother her that it is just grey.

How about putting on a pink bell?

Hulababy Mon 03-Nov-08 22:18:31

Pink disney fairy spoke things - to go on the wheels.

Tassels for handles.

Fancy bell/hooter.

Disney Princess water bottle

Fancy helmet

barking Mon 03-Nov-08 22:20:39

We have 3 islabikes for the boys and I just bought the biggest bike for myself, they are so well made.
Anyway back to the question, I would customise with something like a flower garland, tinsel, feathers, ballons, stickers or ask her by going to a bike superstore and letting her pick out what she would like...

mummyineedyounow Mon 03-Nov-08 22:25:04

Thanks guys, will have a look!

Lubyloo - did your DD learn to ride on an Islabike? Did you get stabilisers? Are they as good as they say? (I thought the one we had delivered was black but it must be grey as well, shoved it straight into hiding before her birthday!)

barking Mon 03-Nov-08 22:27:34

I was so tempted to get stabilisers for ds2, but Isla herself talked me out of it and right she was too - he learnt to balance in just a few days.

hifi Mon 03-Nov-08 22:31:19

im interested in getting one for dd, i lifted one of her friends and it felt really heavy.is this really one of the lightest bikes?

hifi Mon 03-Nov-08 22:32:28

just checked the weight, 18kg, shes only 23kg.

Lubyloo Mon 03-Nov-08 22:37:01

DD is on a Rothan at the moment. It really is fantastic and I wish I had never wasted money on a trike.

She balances really well and puts her feet up resting on the back wheel.She will probably outgrow her bike in a few months and then we will move up to the CNOC.

So although she can balance fine I am just wondering how she is going to learn to pedal!

mummyineedyounow Mon 03-Nov-08 22:37:35

barking - they tried to talk us out of the stabilisers but we've bought them anyhow!! Maybe we'll try without then.

hifi - know where you're coming from, I picked it up and was suprised how heavy it was.

Lubyloo Mon 03-Nov-08 22:39:51

I know the Rothan is incredibly light. Which one is 18kg HiFi? That sounds very heavy.

hifi Mon 03-Nov-08 22:40:38

luby its the isla.

hifi Mon 03-Nov-08 22:43:34

soz 18lb blush

Lubyloo Mon 03-Nov-08 22:44:29

But which model? smile

hifi Mon 03-Nov-08 22:45:37

the rohan is 8.8lb and the isla 18lb, so its more than double the weight.

hifi Mon 03-Nov-08 22:46:35

the op model.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: