Talk

Advanced search

HAUCK pushchairs are poo!!!

(8 Posts)
dropinthe Fri 11-Mar-05 14:05:14

Dont expect anyone to repsond to this but I recently bought a Hauck Jeep shopper pushchair and within four weeks the backrest had snapped/the material on the footrest had frayed/and the backrest wasnt great to start with as had got a stupid toggle that meant child could never sit upright properly.
I wouldnt advise anyone to buy one.

starlover Fri 11-Mar-05 16:51:25

sounds a bit crappy... have you taken it back to the shop you bought it in and complained? or complained to hauck???

Cristina7 Fri 11-Mar-05 17:06:14

Thanks for the warning. I'd seen them on e-bay and they looked alright. Sorry to hear of your bad experience with them.

dropinthe Sat 12-Mar-05 08:22:08

Yes i did complain and got a lovely sporty Cossato for my troubles!! Apparently, all Hauck pushchairs use the same vthin material which frays really easily and on the bits that have the most wear and tear. Luckily,the shop that sold it via ebay were pretty helpful and I ended up with one that was more expensive than I paid.

Cristina7 Sat 12-Mar-05 08:30:34

I've never bought anything too expensive off e-Bay as I'm generally quite cautious but it's good to know the shop were helpful.

hub2dee Sun 13-Mar-05 09:01:48

Anyone tried the Hauck i'coo in Mothercare ? It's the 4 wheeler with very wide hard wheels. Bright blue / green and also in pink colourway I think ? I found it very easy to put up and down and thought it seemed well made.

Any users out there ?

I will have a little look at the things you mentioned though in the store or in any that I spot 'out n about.'

simonh Mon 14-Mar-05 10:03:41

i am a product design student from birmingham and i am looking at the stroller pushcairs and hoping to design what could be a cheap and very stylish product for parents.

how long do you expect ot use a stroller pushchair? [ie from when you begin using it for your infant to when they out grow and begin to walk]

what are your thoughts on design and style in these products?

can you identify any potential flaws in existing products?

has anyone had any better ideas?

my email is simonhamer@hotmail.co.uk

dropinthe Mon 14-Mar-05 10:34:34

Hi,Simon-with my first boy I used a stroller from approx 8 months(maybe less) until about 2 and a half-maybe longer so they need to be;
1.vv sturdy-ie can take lots of bashing about/putting up and down hundreds of times/beiung thrown about on airoplanes etc etc.
2.The material needs to be thread proof and probably dark colour as the trendy beige/light ones you see dont stay clean v long.
3.v comfortable back and head rest with as many positions as possible depending on tiredness of child.
4. vv large basket thingy at bottom for mums shopping.
5.swivel wheels and easy and safe brake.
6.Cappachino cup holder of course!!!!!!
And last but not least no more than seventy pounds!!!

Good luck!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now