Talk

Advanced search

Whats the best stroller for tall parents?

(10 Posts)
TracyK Fri 11-Mar-05 09:37:52

I find I'm hunched over most of the time.

LIZS Fri 11-Mar-05 09:44:16

My SIL liked her Jane one because she was quite tall and had a long stride. It didn't have a linked brake bar at the back so she could still walk naturally. Think it was similar to this one

TracyK Fri 11-Mar-05 10:27:07

I really want the Stokke one - but can't justify its price!

ZoeB Fri 11-Mar-05 10:29:25

My friends are both in the tall club of GB so I will ask them if they know they may have some info on web site she is 6foot6 and he is 6.8 sorry cant be more helpful

fairydust Fri 11-Mar-05 10:31:04

we've got the maclaren techno has it has adjustable handle height up to sometihng like 111cm's which is one of the best handel heights we've seen.

Gobbledigook Fri 11-Mar-05 10:34:30

Our Silver Cross Wayfarer is fab for this as the handle is long. DH is 6' 3" and can walk fine with it.

hub2dee Fri 11-Mar-05 16:56:18

I've played with a Stokke Xplory on about three occasions now as I liked some of the design ideas.

Make sure you spend a few mins in a store trying to adjust height / convert to two wheels / fold up / unfold etc.

I found it fiendishly complex (though a dream to push), and pretty bulky when folded.

Janh Fri 11-Mar-05 17:01:09

I'm 6' and the best one I had was an ordinary Maclaren lie-back umbrella-fold buggy - not the very cheapest, next one up - handle height was c 105cm but also the design meant that the handles stuck out a long way behind the back wheels so I didn't kick them. (Wheels, not handles!)

Don't know if they still do it though?

NotQuiteCockney Fri 11-Mar-05 17:21:45

The Mountain Buggy with handlebar extender is good, although I don't know how high it is. It's a bit too high to be comfortable for me, but I'm only 5'6". DH is 6'4", and finds it pretty comfortable. You can certainly stride with it.

tassis Fri 11-Mar-05 17:23:43

I'm almost 6foot and have found my maclaren quest fine. My Mamas and papas MPX chassis is adjustable and goes pretty high so it's also good.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: