Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is Isofix worth the money?

(5 Posts)
waitingtobloom Sun 02-Nov-08 18:47:54

I have just bought a new car which has isofix (renault scenic). Need to get DS a new carseat and considering replacing DD's (which was DS's). I have been looking at the which reports and am a bit confused at what to do.

Obviously isofix is more expensive but more fool proof. Are the safety ratings of non iso fix seats based on them being fitted correctly? I always worry mine arent.

Would you buy isofix when replacing seats? Would you bother replacing a seat that doesnt need replacing with an isofix one for safety?

Thanks
xxx

kalo12 Sun 02-Nov-08 18:50:40

i've got an isofix, and i love it cos its so easy to get the seat in and out. but thats for a stage 0 baby so i like to take car seat in and out

Teaandcake Sun 02-Nov-08 19:08:04

Firstly, does your Scenic have storage compartments under the floor in the back footwells? (I think some do).

If so, Isofix car seats which have a stabilizing foot are unsuitable anyway.

Personally, I think Isofix is worth it but it would be a huge expense to replace existing car seats and I probably wouldn't spend the money twice.

GunpowderTreasonAndLemon Sun 02-Nov-08 19:19:20

I couldn't actually fit the sort with a stabilising foot into our car (the carseat fitting bloke in Mothercare could, but I couldn't put enough welly into it and nor could the two female assistants who had been on an Isofix fitting course). So I bought a non-Isofix seat and, really, it's pretty straightforward to fit so long as you read the instructions. I wouldn't buy Isofix now.

waitingtobloom Sun 02-Nov-08 20:17:33

Why have renault put those storage compartments in with isofix? I realised just in time before buying the priorifix that you cant use the leg...and now have to cancel my earlier order for the cabriofix because of it.

Seems really stupid been as its obviously a family car????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now