Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Why is my mobile phone not ringing when a new message arrives?

(8 Posts)
Flightattendant4 Sun 02-Nov-08 09:30:42

I thought this was happening about a month ago, got the receipt ready to take it back - it was bought in April so is only 6 months old. then it seemed to start working again. But yesterday I missed a text at lunchtime despite it being right with me, and later I saw it come on and light up as there was a new text, and it didn't make a sound.
I've checked the settings etc, nothing wrong there - and just now it did ring when a message came in.

It's a Sony Ericsson and cost about 80 quid so I think it ought to work properly for more than 6 months - will I be able to take it back do you think/ It was Argos and I'm afraid they'll say 'we have to repair it' or something.

might it be something simple I have done to it?

crankycrane Sun 02-Nov-08 09:36:41

is your volume working properly
incl ring tone?

crankycrane Sun 02-Nov-08 09:37:12

try phoning from your landline

Flightattendant4 Sun 02-Nov-08 09:39:25

Yes I mean it made the message sound this morning, fine - just not yesterday. It's done this a few times. I haven't changed the silent mode or volume or anything in between.

If I phone from landline it seems to work, however I have also had calls I've missed so it just seems to be on and off in that respect.

I can';t get customer services till 10am, will ask them what policy is. At least I have found the recipt again - spent all morning in cellar in a panic, digging in bags of papers!!

Simplysally Sun 02-Nov-08 09:40:12

What network is it? Sometimes my phone (which is on Orange atm) doesn't ring at all when I get a call but later flags it up as a missed call. You might have been in a poor reception area.

Flightattendant4 Sun 02-Nov-08 09:43:42

Ah. Now that is a possibility - only the message arrived and the light came on, and it was instant - so it did receive the message, just didn't ring - does that make sense?

crankycrane Sun 02-Nov-08 09:46:51

dh phone does this, he has a samsung and he hates it

agree with simply poor reception areas may cause the problem

Flightattendant4 Sun 02-Nov-08 09:48:23

If it's just to be expected then I shan't make a fuss - relief not to have to go to Argos and argue with them!

thanks...

I like the phone, it has a cracking camera - it's a k800i. Better than my fuji finepix any day smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now