Talk

Advanced search

Car Seat help please!

(10 Posts)
rodgershawk Sat 01-Nov-08 16:17:36

At the moment my nearly 9 month old son is in the Maxi Cosi rear facing carry car seat. A friend told me that he will shortly need to be in a bigger forward facing one. Apparently when they are 9 months/26lbs approx.. Just had a look on Boots online and there are hundreds of car seats. Have not got a clue what to get.
We have a three door car so one which is nice and easy to operate would be good too.. any ideas??

Yorkiegirl Sat 01-Nov-08 16:20:26

Message withdrawn

jabberwocky Sat 01-Nov-08 16:24:08

In the US they have to be 20 pounds AND 1 year. My niece just turned a year but is only 16 pounds so will be a while yet before she can be front facing.

likessleep Sat 01-Nov-08 16:25:08

We have Maxi Cosi Priori and very happy with its ease of use. But I guess everyone would be happy with their own.
Good luck.

rodgershawk Sat 01-Nov-08 16:26:41

Thank you. He was 19lbs a month ago, going to get him weighed on Tuesday so will see. Thanks yorkie about the advice as do not want him to be at risk by my rushing out to get one.. Cant exactly afford it right now anyway! Maternity pay just went to zero..

LIZS Sat 01-Nov-08 16:28:58

no rush - MC's are fine up to 13kg(15 months ish) as long as his head isn't above the top. The weight is the key requirement and upper body strength. Rear facing is still much safer, even for the next stage up, although they can be hard to get hold of for larger babies/toddlers. Popular forwrad facing next ones are Britax Duo and MC Priori , both rated highly by Which? magazine ofr safety and ease of use.

differentGuyD Sat 01-Nov-08 16:30:52

oh, his current car seat should fit him till he weighs 29lb. Don't turn him around until he outgrows the seat, which is when he gets to that weight or when his head is poking out of the top.

WayneAteASlob Sat 01-Nov-08 16:37:51

I think everyone should have this site bookmarked.....

rodgershawk Sat 01-Nov-08 16:38:58

Thanks.
His head is still way below poking over the top so will wait for a bit longer then. Will start looking around now in advance just to see if there are any Christmas bargains to be had.. or maybe January sales for when he does need to move.

rodgershawk Sat 01-Nov-08 16:40:16

Good website WAAS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now