Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are Wheely Bugs any use outside?

(6 Posts)
Ceolas Fri 31-Oct-08 13:34:49

Considering one for DD3 for Christmas but undecided bewteen that and a good old Galt wooden trike. We had the trike for DD1 and know it's good. It lasted for years through much abuse!

I suspect the wheely bug might be great inside and it does look very cute, but I'm not sure how much use it would be outside. Any experience?

omgidbi Fri 31-Oct-08 14:25:15

My two play with theirs indoors and out. I thought it would only really go on hard surfaces but I've been surprised how well it copes with carpet. The castors are relatively easy to wipe clean if it gets muddy/wet outside. I'd vote for the wheelybug, the girls play with it loads, not just as a ride-on but it's often a dog or a dragon or whatever in their games too.

Ceolas Fri 31-Oct-08 20:28:51

Do you reckon it's worth the £££?

omgidbi Sat 01-Nov-08 10:59:44

I think so yes, though it's easier for me to say as my mum bought ours! We also have a regular plasticy ride-on that wasn't much cheaper at £35, and it hasn't lasted nearly as well or been played with or loved half as much. In fact, I can't remember the last time I saw it. Wheely Bee has never been put away, even in the evening when we tidy all the kids stuff up so we have some grown up space we leave Bee out cos he's so cute. blush

Ceolas Sat 01-Nov-08 11:14:39

just looked on the wheely bug website last night and it's definitely described as an indoor toy hmm

Flightattendant4 Sat 01-Nov-08 11:49:47

I'd never use ours outside. It's got a varnished ply base, with plastic furniture castors on. I think if they got wet or muddy it would kill it eventually. But my boiys are quite rough wityh things.

Also any concrete surface would scratch the plastic castors badly imho.

They are a nice solid toy btw, we have small mouse for ds2, but ds1 (5) uses it too. Not sure if they get enough use to be worth it. But has helped ds2 learn to toddle smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now