Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hoover suggestions

(21 Posts)
Stefka Fri 31-Oct-08 12:48:01

I need to get a new hoover but don't have a lot of money to spend. Can anyone suggest a good hoover that is not too expensive?

whispywhisp Fri 31-Oct-08 15:41:00

Yes! Bought one from Argos the other day...just £24. If you look on their website its the first cylinder cleaner you come to. I'll try and find the cat no. for it....absolutely brilliant little machine - its bagless and suction on it is so strong. Definitely recommend it for a bargain buy!

mrsmaidamess Fri 31-Oct-08 15:42:16

I don't think there is such a thing as a good cheap hoover. I think you get what you pay for.

whispywhisp Fri 31-Oct-08 15:45:48

I have a Miele cleaner too...I keep it downstairs which cost a bomb and is brilliant. But...whilst I agree 'you get what you pay for' I must say I am impressed with my cheapie from Argos and as the OP was asking for any recommendations of a 'good hoover that is not too expensive'...my example of what I've bought would be ideal.

mrsmaidamess Fri 31-Oct-08 15:48:02

I have a Henry and I in love with it. He never stops smiling! It was £85 from John Lewis but its sooo good.
Ihave been bitten by a cheap Hoover from Argos, a bagless thing which I had to wash out every time my cleaner I used it. So beware.

Stefka Fri 31-Oct-08 19:19:00

I shout at Henry - he smiles at me when I have to hoover. I don't think hoovering is funny! I guess I am trying to figure out how little I can get away with spending and still get a decent hoover.

Salleroo Fri 31-Oct-08 19:55:58

I've had the cheapies and recommend Miele too. I love my Miele, I love hoovering. I didnt always!

I know you are on a budget to so I would advise you to stay away from Kenwood bagless. Piece of junk, wheels fell off, kept bloody toppeling over. Bain of my life. Me and my Miele on the other had are buddies.

How sad am I?

elsiepiddock Fri 31-Oct-08 19:58:01

I love my Miele too, it's fab. Upstairs have a Panasonic which was only £60 but it's crap.

Stefka Sat 01-Nov-08 09:32:13

Now I want one of those! They all seem to need bags though - is that not annoying?

Flightattendant4 Sat 01-Nov-08 09:36:30

I have a Henry and a Miele <overkill>

For some reason I seem to buy two of everything. Have got two dining tables at the moment as well, which isn't easy...hmm

It's called indecision.

Flightattendant4 Sat 01-Nov-08 09:37:26

Yes, bags are annoying. That's the only thing about it. I'm scared I will one day need bags I cannot get any more. It keeps me awake at night.

But the bags don't need changing much, they hold a lot.

mrsmaidamess Sat 01-Nov-08 09:39:10

My cheapy was Vax vacuum cleaner bagless and it is SH*T

Flightattendant4 Sat 01-Nov-08 09:40:31

Oh I had a vax bagless. It was awful. Looked really smart but it didn't actually suck anything up? Mad.

Stefka Sat 01-Nov-08 11:27:59

Which do you prefer - Meile or Henry? I feel like we are talking about people!

Flightattendant4 Sat 01-Nov-08 11:45:17

Hmm. Tricky question. I like the Henry as you can chuck it around a bit, but the Miele is very classy. However being honest, I don't really need it to be classy. It picks up dirt and that's great, but I have had others that were cheap and did the same. My favourite for a good while was a hitachi, but it kept breaking in half all the time, it sucked like a dream but in the end I got fed up with it falling apart on the stairs and all the dust falling out!

I guess time is the teat with a vacuum. If the miele doesn';t fall to bits I'll know it was worth the money. smile

Flightattendant4 Sat 01-Nov-08 11:45:58

test! test! Sorry am being harangued by toddler...

mrsmaidamess Sat 01-Nov-08 12:06:36

I love my Henry, as you can use it without a bag too. it sucks up like nobody's business.

Flightattendant4 Sat 01-Nov-08 12:15:21

Can you really MrsMaid? Is that a special Hewnry or can you just take out the bags and use without?

(are you the same person as Maidamess btw? Did you get mnarried?) smile

mrsmaidamess Sat 01-Nov-08 14:06:55

yes I am Maidamess..I left for a bit and couldn't get my old name back but thats another story. been married since time began.....

yes you can use Henry without a bag...all the crap goes into the body of henry underneath that white thing that sits on top. Does that make any sense?

Flightattendant4 Sat 01-Nov-08 15:03:01

Oh! Welcome back! grin

That's amazing - I never realised you didn't need a bag. In that case I prefer my Henry hands down. He will last forever even if they stop selling bags.

Thankyou for the tip!

<does some crazy dancing a la Paul thingy>

yorkiegal Sat 01-Nov-08 15:23:36

Hi i have a henry too love him for lots of reasons he has a long hose long wire can be used with or without bags he can handle a bit of rough and i've had him about 8 yrs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now