Talk

Advanced search

Should I get a Silver Cross Fizz?

(18 Posts)
Enraha Fri 31-Oct-08 11:27:34

Anyone out there got one?

I need a smaller buggy for the car and little day-trips into Central London. The station I use is not very buggy friendly, so the shoulder strap feature when folded looks tempting.

It weighs 4.5kg, DD is nearly 1 and I'll continue to use my bigger buggy for local stuff and shopping.

Should I go for it, or are their better options?

babyjjbaby Fri 31-Oct-08 13:59:24

i would get a pop it is real nice to push and it lies back for sleep and legrest and it has got a shoulder strap

wastingmyeducation Sat 01-Nov-08 17:02:02

Should I get a Silver Cross Fizz as well? smile
Looking for a lightweight buggy I can fold easily to hop on and off buses. DS is nearly 6 months and have an Emmaljunga big-ass beast of a pram/pushchair and hardly go to town cos I get so cheesed when I can't get on.

xx

babyjjbaby Sat 01-Nov-08 17:27:49

i wouldn't i would get one which lies almost flkat

wastingmyeducation Sat 01-Nov-08 20:04:18

They're a lot heavier though aren't they? And more expensive. blush

xx

babyjjbaby Sat 01-Nov-08 20:18:09

i don't think they are much heavier i would say the fizz is mor for 15mths plus imo

wastingmyeducation Sat 01-Nov-08 20:22:03

Bugger. grin

xx

babyjjbaby Sat 01-Nov-08 20:28:41

but thast is only my opinoin if i was buying i would buy it for a toddler cos it doesn't lie down and no legrest i have got a pop an dit lies pretty much flat for naps nice lon legrest nice basket big hood it is real nice just wish i could have it on a maclren quest frame cos i love the colour but the handles are tall for me thats why i am getting rid of it

wastingmyeducation Sat 01-Nov-08 20:32:03

How tall are you?

xx

nicolamumof3 Sat 01-Nov-08 20:33:03

If you just want for occasional use i would get a maclaren volo if its only to use for public transport and not as a main pram for a one year old?

I was advised by mothercare that the fizz is not anywhwere as good as a maclaren volo.

I have a p&t and have been looking for a lightweight buggy. i wanted a fizz/volo but was concerned by no lie back so ended up getting a pop which i just don't like it its back in the box waiting to be sold. I've now gone for a maclaren lulu guiness quest a bit different has a lie back but seems lighter easier to push/fold everything easier than the pop.

for a 6m old would recommned again a maclaren defo, do you have any pram shops near you where you could sit your dc in and see how they are? a triumph has lie back but no footrest. Quest nicer but more expensive. Depends how often you will be using it for? My maclaren arrived today and im desperate to use it and think i will use it alot more than i planned!

babyjjbaby Sat 01-Nov-08 20:42:58

i am 5 ft 4 but like my handles low

wastingmyeducation Sat 01-Nov-08 20:51:58

The Quest is nice, but quite a bit more expensive. I would hope to go into town about once or twice a week, for a few hours. How important is the footrest?

xx

babyjjbaby Sat 01-Nov-08 20:53:52

alot of people don't mind bout legrest but i can't stand seeing his legs dangling it depends really if u r happy for him not to lie down much

nicolamumof3 Sat 01-Nov-08 20:56:39

yes a footrest i think is quite important til they are at least one ds3 is 15m and i prefer using the footrest up on my buggies still now especially when they are asleep doen't like to see their little legs dangling. yes the quest is alot more around £110. I am selling my pop for £73 delivered! only had it out the box for 10mins and decided wasn't for me. I would suggest you get one with a recline as guess your dc would sleep if you were out for a few hours sometimes? and legrest. I love the maclaren raincovers the smallest ones you will get as the hoods are waterproof it attaches to edge of hood so not huge to carry round.

sorry to go on, as you can see i do love my pushchairs!!

babyjjbaby Sat 01-Nov-08 20:57:54

i think i willl be getting a quest or maybe summit bigger the pop is nice to push not rattly like maclrens

wastingmyeducation Sat 01-Nov-08 21:13:03

I think I'm being persuaded here. It's just a shame the colourways for the quest are so gaudy! I think the blue/brown is the best for me. Can't they make a black one just for me?!

xx

babyjjbaby Sat 01-Nov-08 21:19:06

hehe lol my pop is lush it it lime green and black

nicolamumof3 Sat 01-Nov-08 22:08:49

the brown is nice, i had a twin triumph in coffee was lovely colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now