Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Miele or Bosch dishwasher?

(26 Posts)
MamaG Fri 31-Oct-08 10:01:58

My beloved old Asko has died. I am considering a burial as it was so old and did so well.

Anyhoo

I need a new one and don't want to buy some rubbish that will need replacing in a year or two.

Lilymaid Fri 31-Oct-08 10:04:27

Miele is best for build quality and reliability. Bosch is good - both mine have been Bosch and they last far longer than a year or two - 15 years for the first one. Also consider Siemens, which tend to be between Bosch and Miele in price.

filz Fri 31-Oct-08 10:05:16

i have had a bosch one forn 5 yrs with no probs
iot was only just over £200 aswell

thisisyesterday Fri 31-Oct-08 10:05:25

if you have the money then go for Miele.
if not then Bosch are very good for a lot less money.
we have a bosch classixx (ie, the cheapest lol) and it has been absoltuely great, no problems at all and it gets quite a lot of use blush

Pawslikepaddington Fri 31-Oct-08 10:05:33

My bosch is great, I love it. It is three years old, survived two house moves and is still perfect in every way!

Anna8888 Fri 31-Oct-08 10:05:35

I have a Siemens (I have Siemens everything) and it is fantastic. I love Siemens.

castlesintheair Fri 31-Oct-08 10:07:24

Bosch last forever. Great choice of cycles. My mother has a Miele which seems to have only 2 cycles: one ridiculously long (nearly 2 hours) and one 30 minute rinse.

MamaG Fri 31-Oct-08 10:09:19

THanks all, will look into Siemens as well. I'm planning on buying one from the comet clearance site, so will be scratched/dented but much less £££ than new [credit crunch emoticon]

I've lasted about a month now, washing up and I bloody hate it. Plus I'm OVERDUE with DC3 and just want to get sorted again with my dishwasher

3girlies Fri 31-Oct-08 13:57:27

I have a Bosch one, will be 11 years old at Xmas and still brilliant, one of the best things I have ever bought. I have a Siemens washing machine, now 5 yrs old, still perfect.
Def don't bother with Hotpoint or Hoover IMO.

wingandprayer Fri 31-Oct-08 14:01:23

my Bosch one has recently died after only 4 years service. We will not be replacing it with another Bosch one because it has given us numerous problems along the way too.

MamaG Sat 01-Nov-08 10:05:05

oh blimey wingandprayer sounds like you got a bit of a dud!

Miyazaki Sat 01-Nov-08 10:06:02

Miele. all the way.

ilovemydog Sat 01-Nov-08 10:10:37

Have Bosch Classix. brilliant. Does a 30 min quick wash.

Pannacotta Sat 01-Nov-08 10:11:08

We have this Bosch model and it's great, child proof as all controls inside front and very very quiet (though eco programme is long)
www.johnlewis.com/230480938/Product.aspx but got it from JL for £100 less in a price match.
You can put large dishes and baking trays in it (if you work our hot to adjust the trays).
We have a Miele washing machine and tumble drier, also very good.
I don't ever buy Siemens as have read that they are unethical - they built the gas chambers in the holocaust which was more than enough to put me off...

MamaG Sat 01-Nov-08 10:14:37

shock at siemens

Thanks for the replies

wingandprayer Sat 01-Nov-08 10:15:32

Yes, I was surprised given the brand that we had so many issues - it seemed like the smallest thing would cause a blockage or problem that then required a call out.

I also think ours was possessed though as used to randomly switch itself on and off....Perhaps it was cursed?!

Pannacotta Sat 01-Nov-08 10:17:23

Shocking, I know.
I think that Miele products prob have a longer life span than Bosch and they are made so they can be updated in future so if you can afford it Miele prob your best bet.
I really wanted a built in Miele but want possible as we are re-doing the kitchen and had no housing for it.

SweetApril Sat 01-Nov-08 10:41:10

When we bought a Siemens dishwasher we were told that they are owned by Bosch. Not sure if it's true but it does look identical to the Bosch ones except that it says Siemens on it. It seems fine and we got a good deal with a five-year guarantee but also shock

milge Sat 01-Nov-08 18:37:14

Neff, Siemens and Bosch are all built on the same platform,owned by the same company just branded differently. A bit like VWs and Skodas.
I seem to have trouble with bosch's, they break down on me, so would pick a Miele if I had the cash.

Tiggiwinkle Sat 01-Nov-08 18:41:09

I have a Miele. Have had it about 6 years and it has so far been great. (Heavy usage too-big family, so sometimes on twice a day). The thing I like about it is that is very quiet when running.

Bienchen Sat 01-Nov-08 19:01:32

We have a Bosch EXXcel, had for about 4 years with no problems. I run it on the Eco function which works very well at 50 degrees. And yes it is true that Bosch and Siemens are developed and manufactured side by side (used to work at Bosch many years ago).

Pannacotta Sat 01-Nov-08 19:47:30

Oh dear, next time I will have to get Miele...

moominsmummy Sat 01-Nov-08 19:53:45

miele

DiscoDizzy Sat 01-Nov-08 19:55:56

We have a Bosch, its great!

mynameisluka Sat 01-Nov-08 19:57:55

Miele miele miele

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: