Talk

Advanced search

Lego city fire station - too old for a 4 year old ds?

(5 Posts)
bodiddly Thu 30-Oct-08 20:09:05

DS wants a fire engine as part of his christmas present .. either from us or one of his aunts etc. The thing is I am not convinced a fire engine on its own is really going to hold his interest for long (especially as he isn't especially into cars etc). The playmobil one looks great but at £50 it is a ridiculous price seeing as it doesnt come with much else. Does anyone have the lego city fire station and do you think it is too old for a 4 year old? I know that he won't be able to build it but is it sturdy enough for day to day play when built?

bodiddly Thu 30-Oct-08 20:41:04

anyone?

midnightexpress Thu 30-Oct-08 20:42:25

I guess it depends on the child tbh, but I have a 13 year-old nephew who is still heavily into lego. So not necessarily.

boogeek Thu 30-Oct-08 20:46:55

I got DD a playmobil fire engine with loads of firemen from ebay last year - about £10 I think. She has played with it loads. (Um, sorry, that doesn't answer your question at all does it!)

bodiddly Thu 30-Oct-08 20:48:41

I have been looking at playmobil on ebay but the last few fire engines have gone for nearly £40 which is just plain daft!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: