Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

where can i find tiny wellies?

(16 Posts)
silverfrog Wed 29-Oct-08 18:34:57

dd2 is tiny. she now 21 months, and all of 8.5kg.

she is a size 3 shoe (on a good day wink), and have searched all over, but cannot find any decent waterproof shoes/boots for her.

Last winter she used waterproof, fleece lined over-booties, but she has grown out of those now, and i don't think they provide enough support and insulation for her (can't see her climing up climbing frames, etc in them)

So, where on earth do I find tiny boots?

savoycabbage Wed 29-Oct-08 18:39:29

I have seen babies wellies in tesco. Wellies all seem to start in a 4. My dd is tiny too and she is wearing a size 4.

lljkk Wed 29-Oct-08 18:41:44

I have seen size 3 in Woolworths (we used to own a pair).

LadyLaGore Wed 29-Oct-08 18:41:45

tiny boots - i had this conunmdrum. turns out you can find them, only when youre not looking mind, in supermarkets and woolies and places like that. not until you dont need them anymore will you find any tho...
i got some teeny tiny snow boots for ds3's first wellies... from littletrekkers or muddypuddles most likely.
in fact, i prob still have them somewhere... can always send you mine!

KaplumbagaBloodyBones Wed 29-Oct-08 18:44:12

here

KaplumbagaBloodyBones Wed 29-Oct-08 18:46:28

here

silverfrog Wed 29-Oct-08 19:20:07

scoured tesco, woolies and asda today to no avail...

will check out links, thanks

LIZS Wed 29-Oct-08 19:20:55

mothercare do a 3

omeNofthefleshes Wed 29-Oct-08 19:25:31

I got dd2 some size 3 wellies at the marie curie shop..in fact she may be about to grow out of them..let me check her feet tomorrow and if so they are yours as they are still in really good condition

silverfrog Wed 29-Oct-08 19:26:27

ooh, tiny snowboots - they're brilliant, thanks!

FeelingLucky Wed 29-Oct-08 19:34:19

hello silverfrog, hope you don't mind me asking: what do you mean your DD is a size 3 on a good day?
It's just that my very small DD is size 2.5 (startrite size) and I'd love to get her some wellies, so does that mean I should get her size 3 too?

CarGirl Wed 29-Oct-08 19:36:16

startrite 2.5 is a 3 in woolies, mothercare, clarks etc

silverfrog Wed 29-Oct-08 19:41:31

just me being silly smile - she's just grown out of her 2.5 shoes (literally, just - they probably would have done for another couple of weeks, btu were gettng a tiny bit "fitted" and we happened to be in the shoe shop getting her bigfoot sister some new shoes, so got her new ones rather than go back to shoe shop hell in a fortnight or so...)

She is a size 3. No idea about size of wellies - dd1 has always had bog standard ones from wherever I happen to be at the time (mothercare, woolies, etc) as she has huge feet (her first shoes were a size 5 shock) - got plenty of boots for dd2 to wear when she is about 8 grin. I have found that wellies have tended to come up quite big, that's why I was so stumped when all I could find were size 4s - they looked like they were twice the size of dd2's feet!

FeelingLucky Wed 29-Oct-08 19:49:17

Thanks silverfrog.
And thank you CarGirl - I'll check out the size 3s in woolies and mothercare. Very excited ... my DD in her first pair of wellies!!

BouncyTigger Wed 29-Oct-08 21:13:00

Next do size 3 wellies, I searched all over for them in September for dd2, also found some in Adams, Next ones were only £5. Found mothercare, woolies, asda etc started at size 4.

Plonker Wed 29-Oct-08 23:01:31

I feel your pain, lol.

My dd is a chunky little girl with teeny tiny feet - the only size 3 wellies that I could find were here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now