Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pram!!

(11 Posts)
MrsKing Wed 29-Oct-08 07:56:05

Expecting my third baby and would like to buy a 'proper' pram (that doesn't change into buggy). Not sure about a Silver cross as they don't seem very user friendly. Just after a simple, traditional pram that will last baby a good few months and with which I can easily go out walking.

It doesn't seem to exist!!!

babyjjbaby Wed 29-Oct-08 08:26:53

a mamasa and papas ultima on xcel chassis

MrsKing Wed 29-Oct-08 08:56:34

Did look at M&P range, Ultima would be ok if just pram but don't want an 8 in 1 system!!!

babyjjbaby Wed 29-Oct-08 08:59:25

u don't have to have it as a 8in1 system u could just use the carry cot then sell it all or buy second hand and get one with just a carrycoit

babyjjbaby Wed 29-Oct-08 09:03:04

cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAMAS-PAPAS-3-IN-1-TRAVEL-SYSTEM-ULTIMA_W0QQitemZ300268917651QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 300268917651&_trkparms=72%3A1298%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 that comes with bouncy chassis carry cot carseta and seat unit

stayinbed Wed 29-Oct-08 09:04:08

i have a mamas and papas that i got for dd2, the baby bed part is great, but the entire rest of the buggy is awful, plus, mamas and papas have the worst service i every experienced

stayinbed Wed 29-Oct-08 09:05:44

infact i am quite upset i have to use it again with dd3 as pushing it is so uncomfortable, it is very heavy and weight not split well for stairs, it is far too huge to fit in the back of your car (i have a large family car and still have trouble fitting it in), and it just feels cheaper than it looks, really a huge disappointment

babyjjbaby Wed 29-Oct-08 09:09:05

what one did u get i have one and i love it i have had the xcel chassis and have got the mpx atm no buggy is designed for the stairs and tbh if u want sommit really easy to lift in car then u wouldn't buy that style of pram

nicm Wed 29-Oct-08 10:33:24

teutonia do one, i think it's an elegance. i saw it in the baby shop in germany last week and was a big bouncy pram, but seemed a little smaller than a silver cross. i have their 3 wheeler and it's great. ds is just out of the carrycot at 6 months and he was a big baby. if you had this i would say it would last until a year or more. try pingpong online (they're really helpful on the email) or look at teutonia.de not sure if it's sold in the uk though. might have went for this myself if i'd have had more room at home to store it. maybe next time wink

lauraloola Wed 29-Oct-08 13:59:04

I have a Mutsy 4rider and its great! The pram part is really nice and dd is nice and cosy x

carrielou2007 Wed 29-Oct-08 20:07:30

It's bugaboo every time, like nearly all 'proper' prams you will have to take the carrycot off the chasis to put in the boot and the bug cam folds really small. My car boot is huge, my friend has a ford ka and she can fit it in (though nothing else!!).

You have the small wheels at the front and can flip the handlebasr over or reverse the carrycot so you can use big boucy wheels to take up stairs etc.

I borrowed my sis m and p on x cel chasis and it was fantastic but only as it was a ew years old, have to say bought a pliko (new) and thought the quality was rubbish. Service also rubbish. Three wheelers very good for walking but nto very traditional looking!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now