Talk

Advanced search

electric blankets

(38 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Tue 28-Oct-08 22:40:30

Message withdrawn

whispywhisp Wed 29-Oct-08 12:54:33

Yes. I'm sure you can get a half/half one with dual controls. Have you looked in Argos?

TheSwarovskiCrystalsGoat Wed 29-Oct-08 12:56:07

i have the dual control one. i think it is a double one but have a kingsize bed. do get one, they are fabulous

whispywhisp Wed 29-Oct-08 12:56:26

Argos...450/4069 cat number for a king with dual controls.

whooosh Wed 29-Oct-08 13:01:29

I have a single one on my side of the bedgrin

SweetApril Thu 30-Oct-08 14:50:20

Absolutely agree with Swawrovski! They are truly wonderful. We got ours from Argos a few years ago. It's by Slumberland and is a "large double" but fits our kingsize bed fine. Bought the same one for my parents more recently and they are obsessed with it!

SweetApril Thu 30-Oct-08 14:51:11

Sorry, should have said it is dual control.

NomDePlume Thu 30-Oct-08 14:53:18

I bought a cheap one from Argos today, in fact. DH is away atm and it is really bloody cold ! The cats are no help whatsoever when it comes to warming me up.

I actually went to bed in a massive cardigan last night (duvet is 13.5 tog) and was still freezing. Not just the initial when you get into bed you freeze but then within a few mins you've warmed up sort of cold, but actually still teeth chatteringly icy after half an hour.

buickmackane Thu 30-Oct-08 14:54:02

Does anyone know if they're safe to use with foam mattresses?

expatinscotland Thu 30-Oct-08 14:54:44

envy

have any of you seen the one from Lakeland that goes on your bed like a fitted sheet?

bliss!

ilovemydog Thu 30-Oct-08 14:55:59

lakeland? is that here or in the US?

expatinscotland Thu 30-Oct-08 14:58:06

it's here.

also this

ilovemydog Thu 30-Oct-08 15:00:54

brilliant! thank you

nesting expat? smile

expatinscotland Thu 30-Oct-08 15:02:54

i wish, ilove! he doesn't want to come out and face the Scottish winter.

but oooo, that fitted blanket looks dreamy.

especially as you can get extra warmth round the feet.

our cat would LOVE that, she usually sleeps round DH's legs and feet.

ilovemydog Thu 30-Oct-08 19:43:47

A friend of mine had to go to NY when she was something like 36 weeks pregnant due to a family emergency. Her doctor was OK with it, and the airline said OK due to exceptional circumstances.

Everything was fine until she got to the immigration line, and bam! An ambulance was called, and she ended up having the baby in NYC.

So, jump on a plane, and bet you dollars to donuts, he'll arrive smile

lou031205 Thu 30-Oct-08 19:56:01

wrong thread, ilovemydog? grin

lou031205 Thu 30-Oct-08 19:56:56

No, I get the link now, sorry!

CatMandu Thu 30-Oct-08 20:01:31

I actually asked dh to buy me one of these for christmas - how middle aged is that! I was so disappointed as he bought a kingsize and had forgotten that our bed is super king. I haven't seen any heated blankets in super king and I soooo want one.

traceybath Thu 30-Oct-08 20:08:01

omg expat - i want that lakeland one so much!

this house is freezing and with lpg being so expensive (sure you've got it too??) that blanket looks a jolly good investment.

Sexonlegs Thu 30-Oct-08 22:07:14

Fabulous! Was thinking about electric blankets last night too as I was lying in bed in a fleece dressing gown and winter duvert ... still freezing. Going to look in to the Dual Control thing, as dh hates the idea. Can you leave them on overnight?

Yorkiegirl Sat 01-Nov-08 08:14:10

Message withdrawn

SweetApril Sat 01-Nov-08 10:49:02

Sexonlegs - the one we got (see above) can be left on overnight although I've only ever used it for when I've had to stay in bed poorly with the shivers - pre DD, obviously, as now there is no laying around in bed when ill just bravely soldiering on hmm My DP hated the idea too but now is totally in love with it.

Sexonlegs Sat 01-Nov-08 21:16:54

SweetApril, which one did you get??

BexieID Sat 01-Nov-08 22:31:14

SIL wants one for xmas, although MIL got us one last year we've not used. Am wondering if you can use them with one of those self-inflating mattresses, as my parents are visting in 3 weeks time!

SkreamingSkramble Sat 01-Nov-08 22:33:43

I was given one last week and I am officially in love, why oh why did I never get one up until now??? I have terrible trouble getting a heat in me and getting into a cold bed is hell I always have socks on and loads of layers, used to take the chill off bed using hairdyer.

LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now