Should I get a Petite Star Zia??

(11 Posts)
nappyaddict Tue 28-Oct-08 11:34:01

Most important things to me are:

1) Not difficult or heavy to push and steer
2) OK over grass at the park
3) Not heavy to push up and down kerbs

BexieID Tue 28-Oct-08 12:43:02

How tall are you? I'm 5ft 2 and found the handles were too low for my liking. You can't push it one-handed, but it does meet 1 & 3 of your criteria. Not sure about over grass though as I only used mine to walk to toddlers and back (10 min walk) and a quick walk around the town. I imagine it would be the same as pushing any other buggy with tiny wheels over grass, quite hard-going unless it's just been cut!

naomi83 Tue 28-Oct-08 12:59:59

you want a baby jogger city mini. My friend has one and now its on my buggy wish list, suitable from birth, relatively lightweight (same as my pliko) but much smoother to push and fold with fab sunshade like pliko p3. Also one handed steering, so fab whilst holding toddler's hand, now if only it came with a carry cot it would tick all my boxes!

nappyaddict Tue 28-Oct-08 13:02:36

it's not suitable from birth unfortunately. only has a 150 degree recline. needs to be 170 to be suitable from birth. ds won't sleep in one that isn't 170-180 degree recline.

BexieID Tue 28-Oct-08 13:10:00

What about a Mountain Buggy? They lie quite flat. Tom will sleep at any recline, lol.

nappyaddict Tue 28-Oct-08 13:13:26

too big to get on bus.

isaidboo Tue 28-Oct-08 13:15:02

I think mine is great; nice and light although beware overloading the handles with shopping.

Never used on grass though.

nappyzonehasastroppytoddler Tue 28-Oct-08 13:19:57

i find it wide and pants over rough terrain or cobbled streets and the breaks have broke again sad

carmenelectra Tue 28-Oct-08 13:32:43

nappyaddict,

I would vote for a petit star. I think they are fab. Light to push, easy to fold, easy to go up and down kerbs. ? maybe not so good on grass perhaps but generally a great pushchair. I love mine and it looks lovely too!

nappyaddict Tue 28-Oct-08 13:38:46

nappyzone - no cobbles here but what about grass? not long field type grass just shortish grass at the park.

nappyzonehasastroppytoddler Tue 28-Oct-08 13:41:00

a football pitch which is flat yes but not a bumpy one, i have one as it fits in dh really small boot but given the choice i would use my mcclaren techno every time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now