Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a maclaren lulu Guiness (sp) buggy??

(28 Posts)
nicolamumof3 Mon 27-Oct-08 15:43:09

Are they nice? its my latest 'want'!!

Tinkerisdead Mon 27-Oct-08 15:44:34

i havent but i lovvveee lulu guiness, collect her bags and so buggy is a def want for me too! my i dont know what im having, could i put a boy in a lulu rose print buggy?

hanaflower Mon 27-Oct-08 15:46:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tinkerisdead Mon 27-Oct-08 15:49:14

newborn shnewborn...would it mentally scar a boy?

nicolamumof3 Mon 27-Oct-08 15:49:23

no my ds is 15m i've just bought a pop but prefer a maclaren so might have to hide the pop til i sell it tell hubby i have and buy the maclaren lol. V.bad isn't it!!

Im thinking of the 'this is the life' one.

Also like the butchers stripe maclaren too.

AmIWhatAndWhy Mon 27-Oct-08 15:51:31

They are a bit tacky, no? Surely it's better to spend the extra £'s on a nicer more comfortable buggy?

nicolamumof3 Mon 27-Oct-08 16:00:49

i think its lovely!! I have a'nicer more comfortable' phil and ted. this is for public transport use really only just a back up buggy tbh.

nicolamumof3 Mon 27-Oct-08 16:07:14

am really liking the kate spade ones too, but they are only available in the US.

SweetApril Tue 28-Oct-08 11:54:29

It's a bit outdated now, I guess, but I have the I Love You lulu guinness one and it's fab (although I don't love the Maclaren itself) It's so cheerful. Had loads of comments on it too. I nearly bought the Pop, Nicola, and wish I had now. I saw you were thinking of selling and would love to buy yours but I think DP might be v cross.

nicolamumof3 Tue 28-Oct-08 12:09:37

lol! yes i am selling my pop, its in the box and ready to go. im a maclaren girl when it comes to buggies so i've ordered a 'this is the life' one and it comes at the end of the week. Its nice to have a different buggy to all the other ones you see about. the I LOVE YOU ones are gorgeous too.

SweetApril Tue 28-Oct-08 14:46:41

Ooh, just seen This Is The Life one! It's lovely. Enjoy!

SweetApril Tue 28-Oct-08 14:54:00

Nicola, can I ask why you don't like the pop, BTW? The reason I don't like the Maclaren is handles aren't quite high enough, the wheels are too plasticky, (and therefore bumpy for DD and my arms) the leg-rest thing you pull out doesn't seem to stay out and the recline isn't very smooth - I often find poor DD laying on the skewhiff because I didn't put it back evenly. Would I find all these problems melted away with the pop, do you think?
Sorry, maybe I should be on the pushchair thread.

loveshopping Tue 28-Oct-08 19:50:40

sweetapril the pop is lovely, everything you mentioned you don't like about maclarens is better on the pop, the leg rest is the best thing, it just flips up and down when you press the buttons, the seat is lovely and padded and the harness is really big for older dc and cheaper than most macs, you would need to get a XT to compare.

loveshopping Tue 28-Oct-08 19:51:54

oh, and the wheels don't rattle and the handles are nice and high and not foam

misdee Tue 28-Oct-08 19:53:49

i have a kate spade one.

misdee Tue 28-Oct-08 19:56:22

its sooooooo nice

loveshopping Tue 28-Oct-08 20:28:45

that is nice

SweetApril Tue 28-Oct-08 22:26:09

Thanks, loveshopping. Now I really, really, really want one, obviously.

nicolamumof3 Sat 01-Nov-08 15:13:45

Can i ask misdee where did you get your kate spade one from? i've got my lulu guiness today and i love it so much more than the pop, seems lighter and easier to push the handles are lower. must sell the pop now!

misdee Sat 01-Nov-08 15:14:35

i got it from someone who paid an extoriante amount to have it imported from america.

nicolamumof3 Sat 01-Nov-08 15:30:52

really expensive then?? it is gorgeous tho. i love the different maclarens i love my new one, shame its pouring down as can't take it out for testdrive now.

misdee Sat 01-Nov-08 15:32:24

i paid £120 IIRC. its lovely, and a lot different to all the other mac;arens out there. it has a lovely all black frame as well.

nicolamumof3 Sat 01-Nov-08 15:37:54

Thats a really good price, cheaper then my lulu guinness one! but i got zillions of boots points which made it a bargain lol!

rodgershawk Sat 01-Nov-08 15:59:54

Ive got the This is the Life one, and its fab. Never seen another one around. I got it from Boots when they were doing 25% off baby things so it worked out much cheaper. Been looking for Footmuffs too and they do a matching one! Ive also got the Quinny Buzz which is comfy but you can't beat the Maclaren for travel (we bought it to go overseas).. Worth the extra pennies and its defo not tacky

nicolamumof3 Sat 01-Nov-08 16:15:02

yes i think its lovelymaterial, don't like the inside of the matching footmuff, am thinking of getting a luxury faux fur footmuff maclaren one x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now