Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

IKEA EKTORP SOFA. Who has one and are they as good as they sound?

(20 Posts)
Phoenix Sun 26-Oct-08 18:10:39

I read an Ikea sofa thread the other day and these were mentioned. Me and Dh have been to Ikea today and they are comfy and look nice. We like the idea of the removable/washable covers but are they easy to get off and on?

The sofa we have now is crap and we've only had it 3 yr (from Argos) so i want one that is going to last longer and survive a nearly 3yo ds

fatzak Sun 26-Oct-08 18:16:49

Hello Phoenix! We bought a two seater and a chair a couple of weeks ago. Sofa is fab but chose wrong cover for chair - we got a dark blue one and it already looks like we have had it five years! Black and white floral patterned sofa looks good though!

thesockmonsterofdoom Sun 26-Oct-08 18:17:48

It is very very comfy, however we have just had to bin ours after 5 years as the springs went about a year ago and more recently punctured all the cushions so it spread feather every time we sat down. must admit we now have a dfs one as we had no ready cash and it does seem much better quality.

Phoenix Sun 26-Oct-08 18:21:18

Hi Fatzak, how're you? We're looking at a black one i think or maybe beige but i don't really like it hmm

fatzak Sun 26-Oct-08 18:25:08

We're fine thanks Phoenix! Half term so hurrah grin

traceybath Sun 26-Oct-08 18:28:48

We have the 2 seater in the playroom. I think its fine for occasional use but not massively comfy.

Think you'd want lots of extra cushions to make it really comfortable.

Of course - i may just be very fussy.

beaniescreamyb Sun 26-Oct-08 19:11:54

Agree with the not comfy comments. Not deep enough for a good old snuggle. I have had one for about a year. Covers are easy to take off and wash.

mamaspanx Sun 26-Oct-08 19:21:29

blimey i've just bought one today, two seater..however i bought the bonkers cover which is blue and cream with pneapples or something on it...i say dont send a mad pregnant woman shopping with two little ones in tow, will arrive on wed.
i like it cause the 'seat' area is not too deep so you dont have to slump to get your feet on the floor and it seemed extremely comfy....would have prefered the red corduroy cover but knew my husband wouldn't like it

Phoenix Sun 26-Oct-08 20:00:35

Ah but the good thing is you can change covers later

Thanks for all the replies. Me and dh thought they seemed quite comfy. We'll be going back to have another try before we buy them anyway.

MrsMattie Sun 26-Oct-08 20:02:15

We ordered two but sent them back. Covers were ill fitting and it looked shabby. They were comfy, though.

Dragonbutter Sun 26-Oct-08 20:02:44

we love ours. red cord cover is lovely and cosy and doesn't show up the kids' mess.

Cies Sun 26-Oct-08 20:04:49

I've had the two seater for just over a year. I'd agree with beaniescreamyb that it's not quite deep enough for a real snuggle, but it's fine enough.

I bought the white covers (can you tell it was pre-dc?!) but I always have a throw over it anyway, so I don't know how easy it is to take off/put on the covers to wash.

FiendishFairyFay Sun 26-Oct-08 20:08:24

I have had the two seater sofabed version for about 6 years. Covers are quite easy to take off and wash. Do need a bit of a wrestle to get back on but can be done by one person in 5-10 mins or so. Not the most comfy sofa in my opinion but Dh disagrees. Has lasted well with lots of abuse hmm by DCs

Lapsedrunner Sun 26-Oct-08 20:12:22

Had an Ikea sofa (Karlstad?) for 5 years, wahsed covers to death but still looked good. Quite a tight squeeze to get covers on/off but wahsed well. Not the most comfy but very little wear & tear with one DS & dog

Lapsedrunner Sun 26-Oct-08 20:12:44

washed...even

mamaspanx Sun 26-Oct-08 20:23:53

i wanted the red cord but i think i might have got the pineapple one to slightly annoy dh...i don't know why he hassn't done anything wrong! and it looked cosy...drat.

Phoenix Mon 27-Oct-08 11:11:57

It sounds like it's each to their own re comfiness.

Phoenix Mon 27-Oct-08 11:14:34

But i'll tell you what isn't comfy and that's the spring up your arse sofa and the broken spring chair we have now

Buda Mon 27-Oct-08 11:16:36

Have a 3 seater and a 2 seater - 4 years old. Quite comfy. I bought 2 diff sets of covers to change - have a brick red one and a beigey one. The red cord sounds nice.

bella29 Mon 27-Oct-08 15:30:09

Had a 3 and 2 seater but after about 3 years they went really saggy and we ditched them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now