Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Where can I find mittens for a 5 year old please?

(7 Posts)
slackrunner Fri 24-Oct-08 19:20:33

DD has cerebral palsy, so trying to get her hands into gloves takes some doing. I'd really like some mittens for her, however dcs over the age of 3 obviously don't do mittens (well, if the shops are to be believed)!

Can anyone help please?

PrettyCandles Fri 24-Oct-08 19:23:46

H&M often do mittens. Woolies also, a little closer to Xmas. H&M do what we call fishermens' gloves: fingerless gloves with a pouch that folds over the fingers to turn them into mittens. You'll probably get skiing mittens in any outdoor sports shops soon.

puppydavies Fri 24-Oct-08 19:28:15

boden do some

cocoleBOO Fri 24-Oct-08 19:28:22

Boden?

cocoleBOO Fri 24-Oct-08 19:31:23

Must learn to type faster hmm
These are cheap

accessorizequeen Fri 24-Oct-08 20:50:29

I bought some fishermens' gloves in boots for ds (nearly 5) recently. They had some lovely girls' mittens too & think they went up to 4-5.

slackrunner Fri 24-Oct-08 22:17:47

Oooh choices, choices

Thanks everyone. It may be the Boden option just for the fact that it's easily sorted <laziness emoticon>, although I'm recoiling at the price. I'll take a look in a big Boots and H&M first.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: