Talk

Advanced search

Web hosting - who's cheap for FrontPage?

(3 Posts)
BadHair Tue 08-Mar-05 18:27:52

Help needed from techy types, please.

I'm a net publishing virgin and I need to find a cheap web host for my 4 page site which is built in FrontPage. Am having trouble as most hosts seem to either charge loads for FrontPage due to it needing extra server extensions (?) or they try to flog me their own packages which include design. I just want somewhere cheap to bung it up.
And I've not bought my domain name yet, though it is available. Is £8 for 2 years cheap or should I buy it with my hosting package?
Any recommendations gratefully considered.

morningpaper Tue 08-Mar-05 18:32:34

If it's co.uk then 10 for 2 years is about right.

If you just have four pages with no forms or anything fancy then you don't need 'front page extensions' and you can just use a normal hosting package.

www.123-reg.com are okay and cheapish (35 for first year I think).

SenoraPostrophe Tue 08-Mar-05 19:05:49

agree with morningpaper - the reason Frontpage extensions cost more is that they are flakey as anything and need updates every 5 minutes.

Best to just get a normal account with normal FTP (you can use windows, or buy a cheap home FTP like WS-FTP)

Only host I can recommend is our own company - here but we're not as cheap as morningpaper's suggestion (and I haven't tried them. Have tried a few!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now