Talk

Advanced search

Play.com - What a nightmare....

(12 Posts)
lauraloola Thu 23-Oct-08 15:35:35

Hi, I ordered 2 DVDs from play.com last week. I received a confirmation email for these 2 items only but recieved a further 3 items that must have still been in my basket from last year that I didnt buy.

I have now been charged £44 for going over drawn with my bank as they have taken the money for the 3 items I didnt want.

They are saying it is my fault for not noticing but they werent in my basket when I paid and I didnt get an email of confirmation.

Any ideas where I go from here? I want my money back, them to pay to get the items back to them and for my over draft charges to be refunded. Anyone else had problems with them??

GylesBandwidth Thu 23-Oct-08 15:39:40

The only problem I have had is that they take ages to dispatch anything.
Might be worth you contacting trading standards to see where you stand.

lauraloola Thu 23-Oct-08 15:46:41

I am having an email argument with them at the moment. I would phone but am not in the right frame of mind to speak to someone there and dont want to go mad at someone innocent.

Trading Standards will be next step - Thanks.

Ps they all arrived quickly smile

HappyMummyOfOne Thu 23-Oct-08 19:21:42

Trading standards may not be able to help as play.com are based in Jersey and not subject to most trading laws.

I've used play.com for years with no problems, surely you must have noticed the items at checkout - you have to confirm the order twice and the layout is very clear.

duckyfuzz Thu 23-Oct-08 19:23:50

have used them for years and found them very good and efficient

Twiglett Thu 23-Oct-08 19:25:40

this is the 2nd complaint about play.com on here in a couple of days ..

I have had nothing but a good experience with them so I find it rather odd

I have to say you would have had to confirm your basket at checkout so it is rather strange that you didn't notice .. sorry .. I don't think they're really to blame are they?

TequilaMockinBird Thu 23-Oct-08 19:28:26

I've bought a few things from Play over the last couple of years and had no problems at all with their service.

Even when I had to return a Wii game which wouldn't work, I posted it back to them, they tested it, confirmed it wasnt working and had a new one out to me - all within 4 days smile

SharpMolarBear Thu 23-Oct-08 19:29:10

I've only ever had very good experiences with them - find DVDs and CDs posted very quickly, books a bit slower but still on a par with amazon
I agree - if the items were in your basket when you checked out, I can't see how that's their fault? Although you should have had a confirmation - are you sure it's not in junk?

lauraloola Thu 23-Oct-08 21:39:17

Ive used them for years aswell and this is the first problem I have had.

The items werent in my basket and didnt come up when I paid - You see the items you pay for and the total and it was only for the 2 items plus the email confirmation I got was only for the 2 I wanted.

I have checked in my spam folder and there is nothing there. I will see what they say tomorrow....

SharpMolarBear Fri 24-Oct-08 14:10:50

Oh well that's different then! If you have an email confirmation agreeing with you then you are in the right and they don't have a leg to stand on! Hope you get it sorted

SharpMolarBear Fri 24-Oct-08 14:11:41

sorry, just re read the OP and you did say all that, I obviously didn't read it properly the first time!

nicolamumof3 Fri 24-Oct-08 18:07:09

i ordered Dvds on Sunday which still haven't arrived??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now