Talk

Advanced search

Double buggies - Which do you think are the best?

(10 Posts)
Salleroo Wed 22-Oct-08 22:48:07

I'm swayed by Phil&Teds as that's what everyone seems to have (sweeping generalisation I know). All the reviews I've read are 50/50. Are they just hype and good marketing like the Bugaboo (slight jealousy as I push my McLaren)? I dont like the look of those one in front of the other buggies as they are as long as a bus, the McLaren twin looks tiny.

Re P&T:
1. How easy is it to get in the boot of a car (normal saloon) without a complete disassemble?
2. When going up a curb does the underside touch the corner of said kerb?
3. Will inquisitive fingers get 'burnt' on the back wheel?
4. Does the nipper who sits in the underside hate it? I know the baby wont care, but what about when they are a bit older?

All comments/experiences much appreciated.

thisisyesterday Wed 22-Oct-08 22:50:07

mouintain buggy.

Salleroo Wed 22-Oct-08 23:00:22

Spotted one of those in the playground, liked the look of it, part carrycot, part buggy. Do you find it very wide?

thisisyesterday Wed 22-Oct-08 23:02:50

nope not at all. fits through my front door easily. I think it's one of the narrowest side by sides.
it's big when folded though, only just fits in the back of my renault scenic. would fit ok in an estate I would imagine.

but yes, I love using the carrycot for newborn, and despite appearances it's really ever so light to push

Salleroo Wed 22-Oct-08 23:05:23

I'm getting stiff shoulders from hunching over the McLaren, so easy pushability (a word?) is a must. Will have to take the car down to the shop and see if it will fit in the boot.

weddingcake Thu 23-Oct-08 06:59:35

Easy Walker - very similar to a mountain buggy (can take carry cot and maxi cosi car seat) but slightly cheaper!

annieshaf Thu 23-Oct-08 19:03:36

I have had a sport and a vibe so to answer the original questions

1. dont think this should be a problem but the sport is a bit heavy
2. no never had a problem with this
3. most current models have mud flaps so not a problem but watch out for older e3s if you buy second hand (also not sure about the classic)
4. DS sits in the back and can see out perfectly well from each side - never had a problem with him not liking it.

Hope this helps
A-M

blithedance Thu 23-Oct-08 22:42:16

Have had no problems with Phil & Ted's (E3). Younger child never complained about bottom seat or put his hands in wheels. (amazingly as he is into everything normally).

It fits in the boot of a Passat, front to back. Because it folds very narrow at one end, it fits around the wheel arch with the 3 wheels towards the back of the boot. It is a bit heavy but not impossible.

You do need to try one, it seems to be love or hate!

nicolamumof3 Thu 23-Oct-08 23:06:10

luuuuurve my p&t but only used for toddlers after i year of saying i 'hated' one. i borrowed a friends and omg what a revelation! so, so easy to push with two big boys in 2.8yrs and 15m still easy. Neither ds complains about going in the back. I think they are bit heavy getting into car boot. but as a non car driver that doesn't affect me. mud flaps keep tiny fingers away from wheels.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 23-Oct-08 23:14:23

If buying for twins I'd have a side by side one, probably a mountain buggy or similar (P&T do a side by side double as well), but for a baby and toddler I've just bought the P&T sport. selling point for me was it can go back to being a single buggy when the older one is walking more and doesn't lumber me with a twin that I don't need.

I've only had it a few days and the baby isn't even born yet, but I love it already as it's so easy to push.

I have read of quality issues and it's a pain that you have to buy everything extra (including a pump for the tyres) but so far so good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now