Talk

Advanced search

I need advice for choosing a car seat please

(5 Posts)
Jorior Wed 22-Oct-08 20:20:21

Hi mums! I'm thinking about a forward facing car seat for my DS because he's approaching 9 months and he's about to outgrow his first one. From your experience, any advice/recommendations on good brands or useful features?
I'd like to know which features will make my life easier. The only thing I'm pretty sure of is that I'd like a seat that reclines so he can sleep comfortably during car journeys. Apart from that, I don't know what else to look for in a seat and also which brands are good.... any advice would be great thanks.

differentWitch Wed 22-Oct-08 20:22:52

what weight is he? and why do you think he's outgrowing hus current one?

lauraloola Wed 22-Oct-08 20:55:53

I used to work in Mothercare and sold car seats. The best way to choose is to go to Mothercare/Halfords and get someone qualified to try them in your car to make sure they fit. They can also go through all of the features and show you how to fit it.

IME the Britax Eclipse was the best but that was a few years ago. You will find that pretty much all of them recline unless you get one that turns into a booster seat later on x

Salleroo Wed 22-Oct-08 21:03:14

Just bought the Britax 1st Class yesterday. 5 recline positions, dd sitting nice and high and can look out the window. Recommeded by my SIL who did the research. DD seems to like it so far - she hated her rear facing seat and car journeys beyond the supermarket were a nightmare.

Jorior Thu 23-Oct-08 13:55:11

Thanks a mil for your help ladies - much appreciated x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now