Talk

Advanced search

iPod help..?

(7 Posts)
bibiboo Tue 08-Mar-05 12:46:24

I bought dh an iPod for his 30th (today) and he asked me to charge ti up and install the necessary stuff on the computer, so he can play with his new toy when eh gets in from work...

I charged it, USB it to the computer I put the installation disk in and followed the instructions, then the disc stopped spinning in the drive and the installation screens went from the monitor, but the Ipod still has a flashing "Do Not Disconnect" message on it's screen. It's been like that for about an hour now... any ideas anyone?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!

norash40 Tue 08-Mar-05 13:00:43

I would disconnect it and start again. will not harm the ipod.

bonym Tue 08-Mar-05 13:02:46

Agree with Norash - we get this all the time and just disconnect anway - could just be that the battery is still charging.

kid Tue 08-Mar-05 13:11:30

its probably warning you not to disconnect it otherwise the installation will not be complete. My DH bought himself one and we had problems loading it too. I just installed it from the beginning again and it is fine now.

norash40 Tue 08-Mar-05 13:15:23

I always disconnect mine when I get that, hasn't done it any harm.

lulupop Tue 08-Mar-05 13:22:03

I'm currently doing exactly the same thing! Bought dh an ipod which arrived today, and realised if I gave it to him to set up, he'd still be effing and blinding over it next week!

I think maybe you should try loading the CD before connecting the ipod, as I've done that while the ipod is charging and so far not had a problem. Once you've loaded the software, it then sets to work putting all the existing tracks on your computer into itunes, which in my case has taken over an hour now (and still not finished!), so it's not exactly a fast process.

Am hoping it'll be ready for when he gets in tonight - should keep him quiet so I can watch eastenders in peace!

bibiboo Tue 08-Mar-05 20:54:58

Right, I finally seem to have got the thing working, but it's taking FOREVER! Darn my dh and all his music!
Thanks for the advice, installing the software without the Ipod connected worked, even though the book said to have it connected. Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: