Talk

Advanced search

robot toy for 3/4 year old?

(10 Posts)
miranda2 Tue 08-Mar-05 11:35:11

Ds has several times mentioned that he'd like 'a robot'. I'm due with ds2 in 7 weeks, and thought this might be a good toy to get him 'from the baby' (though the main distraction is going to be the hornby train layout my dh is secretly building in the attic!!). Does anyone know where I can get one? I don't want to get a 'little robots' piece of merchandised cr*p, or anything like that, but maybe a smallish and fairly simple remote controlled robot that you can make go forwards and backwards? Has anyone seen such a thing anywhere?
Thanks in advance!

nnosam Tue 08-Mar-05 11:41:33

have a look on ebay.co.uk or toys r us. if not you might find one in the gadget shop

chimes Tue 08-Mar-05 11:42:27

This one looks fun. here

miranda2 Tue 08-Mar-05 18:29:15

That last one does look quite good, thanks!
Any one else?

WideWebWitch Tue 08-Mar-05 18:32:29

Have you asked him what he means Miranda? My ds said this at 4 and it turned out after lots of discussion that he meant he wanted a bionicle. Your ds may indeed want a robot of course but I thought it was worth mentioning!

miranda2 Tue 08-Mar-05 22:18:59

Hmmm. Maybe I should take him round a toyshop - somehting I have so far avoided doing! You're quite right, he may have seen a toy someone bought into nursery or something.

milliways Tue 08-Mar-05 22:39:41

minirobosapien

milliways Tue 08-Mar-05 22:40:31

Sorry - it is a mini robosapien & only £10

Janh Tue 08-Mar-05 22:47:38

miranda, I have something that might do (if he does want a robot and not a bionicle) - it's a Tomy toy, about 6" high, very roughly the shape of the robot in Short Circuit, and when you switch it on it bumbles around by itself, changes direction, goes in circles, and reverses if it bumps into something - it isn't remote controlled but is fun to watch.

It's in DS2's room and he's asleep (I hope!) so I can't really barge in and turn the light on but I will look in the morning if you might be interested.

miranda2 Wed 09-Mar-05 09:48:26

The mini robosapien looks good, and £10 is def about the right price! The Tomy robot sounds good too Janh, can you let me know the details when you get a chance?
Thanks everyone, really appreciate your suggestions. Bump definitely too big and heavy to drag round toy shops for hours!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: