Talk

Advanced search

Can you help me to choose which baby bath seat to get - thanks

(15 Posts)
Biggogglyeyes Wed 22-Oct-08 09:08:21

as my dd2 is (last weighed on a weewk ago) 10lb 8oz and was 3 weeks old. i like for me to relax my shoulders abit whne bathing her!

This little chair from Mothercare

OR

Foam bath support

Or is there anything else better than these two!

im looking for summat that will last till they start sitting up unaided.

thanks

Gobbledigook Wed 22-Oct-08 09:25:16

Do you really need one? I never bothered with any. If you are struggling in the bath, bathe her in the sink!

flowerybeanbag Wed 22-Oct-08 09:28:53

We had this one and found it absolutely indispensable when bathing a wriggly baby!

Biggogglyeyes Wed 22-Oct-08 09:31:16

and yes she is a wriggly baby. (i do have a bad back and yes i do bath her in the sink but its still hurts my back).

thisisyesterday Wed 22-Oct-08 09:39:55

i'd go for the first one, or, I think they do a cheaper mesh version don't they?>

only because it looks soft and will hold baby's head rioght up out of the water

witchandchips Wed 22-Oct-08 09:44:28

this simple deckchair one is great. All you need to do is hold their tummies while you wash them/play with them. The thing i like about it is it gets their bottoms completely immersed in the water. This is really important for a baby who spends a good proportion of their life stting in a nappy.

chipmunkswhereareyou Sat 25-Oct-08 09:01:36

The Tigex moulded plastic one is the best imho. There's no need to wring it out, it won't get mildewy and it's still comfy enough for the baby.

nicolamumof3 Sat 25-Oct-08 10:04:30

I have one you can have? it is towelling over a metal frame from mothercare, i can't see they do it any more on their website.

i was going to take it to nct next month, its great as you can machine wash the towelling bit every week or whenever and holds them at just a nice angle giving you two free hands. my ds' loved it better than being held.

MurderousMarla Sat 25-Oct-08 10:09:20

We used the one flowerybeanbag linked to and it lasted until DS was about 8 months, at which point he was happy to just sit up in the bath - it was fab, and enabled him to kick and splash loads!

chequersandchess Sat 25-Oct-08 10:11:34

We've got the one flowery has and found it ace.

flourybaps Sat 25-Oct-08 10:14:34

Yes another vote for flowery's link. Its brill! We have used it everday since dd was a couple of weeks old. She is 20 weeks now and we still use it....... well worth the money.

meep Sat 25-Oct-08 10:15:24

I had the same one as flowery and it has been great. Friends had foam onesn and beanbag like ones and said they got really stinky!

Seona1973 Sat 25-Oct-08 13:27:33

I had the moulded plastic one too and it was much better than the mesh one which dd just kept sliding down and I had to keep hauling her back up again.

carrielou2007 Sat 25-Oct-08 20:19:31

Another nod of agreement, I had the foam one from mothercare, dd was a very very large baby and it was useless almost from day one. Bought the other one same as link and yes it was superb and allowed me to relax and enjoy bathing dd a bit more!

LittleMonkeysMummy Sat 25-Oct-08 20:20:42

i had a oulded plastic one from mamas and papas. my dd loved it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now