Talk

Advanced search

Years ago I remember seeing a keyboard to fit over the normal computer keyboard........

(17 Posts)
FAQ Wed 22-Oct-08 04:54:08

for babies/toddlers to be able to "use" the computer.

I can't remember the exact details - but I think it had software with it too so that why they hit the keys on "their" keyboard things happened on the computer screen......

Does anyone know what I'm talking about - and if where I could get such a thing. Thinking (if it exists and I haven't just dreamt it up grin) that it would be the ideal present for DS3 for Christmas - as he's taken to copying mummy - by climbing up on my computer chair and sitting "typing" on the keyboard.

NoBiggy Wed 22-Oct-08 05:06:20

I'm sure I remember the same thing. Don't know who made it or what it was called I'm afraid.

TheInvisibleSpookDidIt Wed 22-Oct-08 05:19:15

like this?
looks quite good

FAQ Wed 22-Oct-08 05:21:42

yes! That's it thanks smile

Now I know there is something like that available I can have a look in Milton Keynes when I go shopping on Saturday - didn't want to spend half my time looking for something that doesn't exist grin

Cauldronfrau Wed 22-Oct-08 06:13:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FAQ Wed 22-Oct-08 06:15:50

Thanks smile

ihatemyjob Wed 22-Oct-08 07:36:24

as a cheaper alternative try

www.kneebouncers.com

FAQ Wed 22-Oct-08 07:39:44

thanks Ihate - would rather get him one he can specifically play with where he's not going to be hitting the keys and potentially messing settings and stuff up on the computer - and I'm at a loss for what to buy him for Christmas (what do you get a boy who has everything he needs - and more - courtesy of having 2 older brother grin)

NotQuiteCockney Wed 22-Oct-08 07:43:18

Old broken keyboards work fine, for this.

ihatemyjob Wed 22-Oct-08 07:48:51

the whole point of the site is that they can't actually mess up any settings. All the keys only work for the website. Butif you are desperate to spend!

FAQ Wed 22-Oct-08 07:50:52

yes but when he's combining hitting keys - with playing with my pink mouse........

And I NEED a Christmas present for him - he'll be 19 months by then - already he's hugely aware of his brothers having things.......when he doesn't - to not have something for him to eat the paper off, play with the box for 3 days would be horrendous.....

FAQ Wed 22-Oct-08 07:53:03

plus I have a row of little buttons at the top of my keyboard - which DO work while that website is open (as I just discovered through experimenting lol)

LoveMyGirls Wed 22-Oct-08 07:57:29

I have one dd never played with it I'll have a look for it if you want to buy it?

LoveMyGirls Wed 22-Oct-08 07:58:27

I've got the same one as the link with the software cd's

kelli@kellischildcare.co.uk if you'd like to email me?

ihatemyjob Wed 22-Oct-08 07:59:33

it covers the mouse too! I didn't know that about the top keys

FAQ Wed 22-Oct-08 08:05:52

lovemygirls - I'm going shopping on Saturday (childfree shopping in Milton Keynes grin - very excited about it) so will have a look and see what I find - if I don't find anything I'll email you about buying the one you have.

Thanks for the offer smile

LoveMyGirls Wed 22-Oct-08 08:12:41

OOh sounds like a fab day out grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now