Talk

Advanced search

What scooter have you got for you DC?

(14 Posts)
Thomcat Tue 21-Oct-08 12:58:01

I want to get one for DD2 (she'll be 3 at Xmas).

Thgought I'd probably get her a 3 wheeler one.

Which one have you got (a link would be great if that's a possibility?)

feetheart Tue 21-Oct-08 13:02:29

Got this for my DS when he was 2. Still going strong nearly a year later and used daily for school run etc. Great thing is that its so well designed that if they get tired they can just stand on it and its very easy for you to push!

Thomcat Tue 21-Oct-08 13:05:52

Ohhh that looks perfect really.
Not a barbie or Bratz in sight <sigh of relief!>

IdrisTheDragon Tue 21-Oct-08 13:07:15

DD (3 last month) has the one feetheart linked to. She isn't great with it yet, but likes it a lot smile

feetheart Tue 21-Oct-08 13:10:42

Went out of our way to avoid the hideous 'character' scooter smile
Its also great because they don't catch their feet on the wheel at the back which can happen when you have 2 wheels at the back, it has brilliant steering AND it attracts looks from rather nice young men who think it looks cool (sad old biddy emoticon needed!)

TheBlonde Tue 21-Oct-08 13:11:20

we have the one feetheart linked to

feetheart Tue 21-Oct-08 13:13:10

Did take DS a few weeks to suss out the steering - you lean the handlebar to steer rather than turn it - but realised he had got it when we weren't having to retrieve him from hedges and walls grin

neolara Tue 21-Oct-08 13:14:20

We also have a mini micro. It was recommended to us by friends. It's great. Easy to use and hard to fall off.

Thomcat Tue 21-Oct-08 13:15:03

Great thanks.
Bit hmm about the steering thing but I'm sure she'll get the hang of it.

bamboo Tue 21-Oct-08 13:16:07

I'm pretty much set on getting the mini microscooter for ds1(3) for Christmas. My only reservation is that we've just come back from a weekend in London and every one I saw (and we saw loads) was being carried by a parent grin!!

Thomcat Tue 21-Oct-08 13:20:17

LOL Bamboo. At least if we end up carrying it it won't have a huge Princess crown glude to the front and huge wheels etc.

feetheart Tue 21-Oct-08 13:28:36

LOL bamboo. Truth is its a lot lighter to carry than DDs metal 2-wheelersmile

neolara Tue 21-Oct-08 17:48:58

Micro mini is very light to carry!

TaleofTwoCities Thu 23-Oct-08 21:25:53

Just to add, mini micros are just fab! But, we bought one last Xmas for ds at 3.5 and it wasn't till he was 4 till he suddenly took off with it (literally). He's a cautious soul, so not surprised he took longer. But the steering foxed him for a while, kept bumping into the wall and giving up. So had almost written it off as a bad job. Then one day, he just went zooming off on it and we now love it. He's like an iceskater when he glides with one leg stuck out at strange angle... And it's easy to hook onto DD's buggy when he decides to walk! I can even wield the buggy round waitrose with it hooked on the side and a shopping basket attached to the handles (because he won't let it out of his sight so it can't be parked anywhere wink).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now