Talk

Advanced search

Amby Natures Nest - yay or nay?

(19 Posts)

Does this settle clingy, fracticious babies?

chipmunkswhereareyou Mon 20-Oct-08 18:02:55

It does work for some. But there's no guarantee yours will like it and they're quite pricey. And don't believe the marketing blurb that says you can use them until your baby is 1. Most babies outgrow them by around 6 months. That said they hold their value well and there's a decent market for them on eBay etc.

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 20-Oct-08 18:09:22

Hmmm - not sure. We had one for dd and she wasn't clingy or fractious but I suspect that was more just because of her personality.

She was in it until she was 9 months old though (and was 98th centile for height and weight) and resale values are very good

babyjjbaby Mon 20-Oct-08 18:12:02

there is a lady on here selling a luvly ble one and accesories

babyjjbaby Mon 20-Oct-08 18:13:28

here £80

MinkyBorage Mon 20-Oct-08 18:15:47

I'm getting one of these for dc3, with dd2 we used to rosk the moses basket about 400 times before she would fall asleep. Am fully expecting that new baby will not need rocking and will hate the motion! Babies eh?! No way of telling, but if it does work, then it will have been worth every penny times two!!!
tILLYSCOUTSMUm (oops, sorry) when you moved dd out of it did she struggle with solid ground iykwim?

MinkyBorage Mon 20-Oct-08 18:17:32

when I say we used to rock the moses basket, I meant swing it about 400 times, it was very good excercise hmm

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 20-Oct-08 18:27:39

Minky - she was a bit unsettled for about 2 nights and was then back to sleeping normally. I think the unsettled bit was more down to the cot feeling more "open" than any rocking motion iyswim. She was fine once we put some rolled up blankets down the sides so she didn't keep getting limbs stuck in the gaps between the cot bars smile

DD loved hers - it looked so comfy (pic on profile)

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 20-Oct-08 18:28:20

Oh - forgot to say, you don't need a travel cot either because its really easy to transport

puppydavies Mon 20-Oct-08 18:30:46

we had a moffii amby-alike dd2 was in it until her first birthday.

lisad123 Mon 20-Oct-08 18:33:00

I had one and was fab, DD2 loved it, and would recommend to anyone

Tilly - I love that picture! How cosy does she look???

Think I might bite the bullet and go for it smile

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 20-Oct-08 20:44:17

Thank you smile She always looked so cosy in there. Wish they did adult ones

lisad123 Mon 20-Oct-08 20:47:57

pic on profile of my LO in amby

Well the Amby turned up from Kiddicare and DS loves it grin.

AccidentalMum Thu 23-Oct-08 19:03:02

DD2 is huge and still in hers at 11.5mths BUT the spring broke when I put her down for her nap last week (she is still within the weight range for the supplied spring) which was a bit wrong.

It does settle babies extremely well BUT (another big one!) I have tried to wean DD off it with no success ove a whole week so gave up and will try again before Xmas travelling. We use the train so no good for us but most people would find it very useful as a travel bed as well as main bed.

Also not as good as they make out for reflux, sickiness, wind etc, as it is difficult to raise at one end in the way they suggest. I weighted it with a dictionary in the early days.

jammydodger Sat 25-Oct-08 21:13:53

We bought one, used it twice, ds2 hated it, and ended up in bed with us! A friend also bought one, and used it about three times before giving up! So it just depends on the baby I suppose. And the parents!

Lucky13 Sat 25-Oct-08 21:50:45

It definitely settled my little one, who had lots of tummy probs when first born. We put her in a cotbed at 9 months (with no probs), but she still sleeps in it occasionly now at 11 months esp when she gets upset during the night or overtired. Nothing else calms her like being rocked in the nest.

Thankfully DS loves it smile Will upload a picture onto my profile soon! First night last night when he slept in it throughout the night between feeds.

They do look v cosy in them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now