Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

isofix car seat

(13 Posts)
felixthecat Mon 07-Mar-05 17:34:35

My 7month old is over 10kg now and I need to get a new car seat for him. Has anyone got the new Britax Isofix car seat? what do you think of it? is it worth the hefty price tag?

oooggs Mon 07-Mar-05 17:44:55

I have the Britax duo isofix car seat. Not sure it is the 'new' one. But it is great, so easy and extra safe. I think if you can afford the price tag, then do it.

Hulababy Mon 07-Mar-05 20:13:04

We have the Britax Isofix Duo (got it a couple of years ago now) and it is fab. So safe, no incorrect iftting, in and out in seconds, fab. Worth every penny IMO.

Shop around too. It is £180 in Mothercare, but we got ours for £150 from a smaller independent baby shop.

anchovies Mon 07-Mar-05 20:24:45

We've got it and it is really good. As hulababy says, very easy to fit and unlike other car seats I've used, you know it's fitted correctly. Goes into cars without isofix relatively easily as well. Bought ours off the internet, £145.

hub2dee Mon 07-Mar-05 20:27:08

Can I ask what kind of seats you would go for if your car had Isofix but none of the cars around you (ie. parents', in-laws', child minders', friends') did - would you get Isofix for yours, and a spare 'normal' one for theirs, or are there Isofix models that can additionally be secured using a seat belt ?

Thanks for any info.

anchovies Mon 07-Mar-05 20:30:04

The isofix ones can be put into a car without isofix as well so no need for separate ones. You just thread the seatbelt through the back like on a normal car seat pull it tight and flick a switch. Also easy to do but makes you appreciate just how easy the isofix fittings are!

Hulababy Mon 07-Mar-05 20:30:49

We just an Isofix, and we fit it into my parent's car as a normal car seat, using the seatbelt.

misdee Mon 07-Mar-05 20:31:48

am planning on getting dd3 the isofix duo.

hub2dee, the isofix ones can be used with just normnal seatbelts. with the infant one, its the anchoring base thats isofix, and a normal car seat clips into the base unit. so u can use the seat in other cars without removing the base.

hub2dee Mon 07-Mar-05 20:38:55

Thanks so much for the replies. Now understand. Comprehension has been secured.

hub2dee Mon 07-Mar-05 20:43:29

Anyone know if Isofix is common on the hire cars from the top tier brands (Avis, Budegt etc. etc.) ?

That would be another reason to go for them...

Hulababy Mon 07-Mar-05 20:47:15

No idea TBH. I guess you could e-mail some of the companies and ask them though. Mind you, as even some of the car dealership salesman don't know that answer, or even how to look for them (if the older, hidden away style) not sure whether they could tell you.

misdee Mon 07-Mar-05 20:53:06

from experience last year of using hire cars, i'd say most have cars which are only a few years old, and as ISOFIX is almost standard on new cars, its very likely that some hire cars will have ISOFIX.

felixthecat Tue 08-Mar-05 10:23:41

thanx all for your comments. just found the isofix duo at kiddicare.com for 135. rrp is 190.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now