Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

URGENT responses please ladies. Insinkerator.....

(8 Posts)
Wolfgirl Mon 20-Oct-08 14:02:11

Do you have one, you know.... those sink waste disposable thingies?

If so, I have some questions.

1. What model do you have, and would you recommend it?
2. Do you have an 'air-switch'? If so, where is it mounted i.e on sink, worksurface, under the sink etc
3. If 'air-switch' is mounted on the sink, does it let water through to make the unit defunct iykwim?
4. If no 'air-switch', what switch do you have and where is it mounted?
5. Do you have a batch or continuous model?

We are desperate to place an order for one today, so could really do with your wisdom and knowledge. Thanks in advance smile

Wolfgirl Mon 20-Oct-08 14:09:06

sorry, I have to bump.... this is urgent.

LittleMissNorty Mon 20-Oct-08 14:13:38

I have one but can't answer some of your questions I'm afraid......we have an air switch in the work surface by the taps. Think mine must be a continuous model as I shovel stuff in (using a wooden spoon) run the water and turn it on.....turn it off when I've finished and leave the water running for another 10 secs. Don't know what the model is, but when our kitchen fitter showed us the catalogue we chose a mid-range one for around £150 as I wanted the chrome air switch. its all plumbed/ fused in under the sink and has a separate fuse spur.

I think its great - don't have a compost heap so a good alternative for getting rid of food waste - I put everything down it (including bones) except onion skins, and if it ever gets a bit smelly, a fresh lemon does the trick.

HTH

Wolfgirl Mon 20-Oct-08 14:14:51

thanks LMN. thats great.

any more ladies?

Wolfgirl Mon 20-Oct-08 14:23:26

anyone else? we have to buy one ready for fitters on Wednesday.

Purleazzzzee take a min to respond if you have one.

Wolfgirl Mon 20-Oct-08 15:07:45

bump???

pigleto Mon 20-Oct-08 15:21:50

we have an insinkerator. It has needed replacing twice in three years, the fitter said that we were not to put bleach or strong detergent in it, which is a bit of a bummer when it is your kitchen sink. I like the convenience of not having to pull wet peelings etc out of the sink and into the bin but I would go for a better brand next time.

We have a lovely corian worktop so the switch is under the sink in the cupboard, just inside the door. This works fine for us.

Wolfgirl Mon 20-Oct-08 16:15:30

thanks Pigleto. interesting that it is has broken down twice tho. Do you think that a more expensive brand would be better, or that this is typical of such a device, what ever the brand, cost?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now