Talk

Advanced search

Sling novice. Please help me choose a sling

(12 Posts)
needahand Mon 20-Oct-08 11:45:20

My babybjorn is starting to be a bit small and I don't want to use one of these heavy backpacks. Both my baby and I like to use a sling so I was thinking of one of the fabric slings (have been fancying them for a while).

Could you give me tips to choose. I saw one which is called *close baby carrier* which seems quite nice, has any one tried it?

My baby is four months old and I want something I can use for a while.

Any advice appreciated as I don't know where to start.

Thanks

foxytocin Mon 20-Oct-08 11:48:29

mei tai

or

soft structured carrier.

here is a mei tai i have up for sale. <<cheeky plug>>

littlelamb Mon 20-Oct-08 11:50:50

I have the CLose. Ds is 19 weeks and a big lardy boy of about 18 pounds and I find it a breeze to use- I gave up on the Babybjorn when he was only a week old as it was knackering my back. It's also comfy if you have big boobs like me- they were totally squished in the babybjorn blush

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Mon 20-Oct-08 11:51:37

I loved my Coorie. I used to from birth with DD and can still carry her in it now (she's 2.8) although I'm out of baby carrying condition now

Have a look at the MN reviews here and don't forget to add your own when you've got one

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Mon 20-Oct-08 11:52:23

The Babybjorn is a pile of cr*p IMO. I had a similar one when DSs were born but it wasn't a patch on the Coorie.

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Mon 20-Oct-08 11:54:18

I agree with foxy, mei tai or soft structured carrier is best. Four months is about when they'd fit into one, and they last for years.

needahand Mon 20-Oct-08 12:15:42

littlelamb that is good to know I was actually going to bump my thread and ask for a carrier that is kind to my back as with the baby bjorn I really feel that I will break in two if that makes sense

Will have a look at the mei tai and Coonies. Any dos and don't you can think of?

And what is the difference between a mei tai and a soft structured carrier?

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Mon 20-Oct-08 12:32:06

You tie a mei tai whereas a soft structured carrier has buckles or clips.

foxytocin Mon 20-Oct-08 12:56:35

SSC are inspired by MTs but have buckles.

I favour MTs because i find them more adjustable for size. it is a personal preference thing tho. opnly way to know is to try both for yourself.

sleepycatonabroomstick Mon 20-Oct-08 12:57:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

foxytocin Mon 20-Oct-08 13:30:34

£35 including postage

needahand Mon 20-Oct-08 17:59:40

thanks all I have decided to buy a wraparoud and think I will go for the kari me. Advice was very much appreciated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now