Talk

Advanced search

HELP! What the heck is “after-six occasion wear ... and where do I get it???

(6 Posts)
chocfreeclary Mon 07-Mar-05 15:17:35

Ok girls I need yr help and fast. I am going to a do where the required wear is as thread title; after-six wear for me is usually a pair of joggers as I crawl around the floor finding missing bits of jigsaw, so anyway...
what do I wear? Thought about a frock of some kind, slinky and longish, everyone else says they are wearign dressy trousers and a sparkly top but I don’t really want to spend much money. Have nothing in my wardrobe apart from work tweedy trousers and t-shirts/shirts, jeans, joggers (see above) and my wedding dress (a bit OTT perhaps).
Oh yes, it’s on thursday (I know, I know) but I can nip to Nottingham on Wed morning if anyoen has any great ideas.

vict17 Mon 07-Mar-05 15:18:30

Try designers at Debenhams as they have really nice stuff which is not too pricey

DillyDally Mon 07-Mar-05 15:20:12

I got a nice dress in zara recently for only 35 squids, black and white, knee length not too bad

worriedfriend Mon 07-Mar-05 15:24:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Frizbe Mon 07-Mar-05 15:30:03

River Island on clumber st, sometimes have a good cheap selection of going outey tops? Otherwise H&M, Zara n Oasis r quite good too. oh and of course Monsoon very good, but pricey if no sales on....

chocfreeclary Wed 09-Mar-05 23:56:26

thanks for all these excelletn ideas.
In the end I have borrowed something ridiculous (strapless bustier, dh very worried about me onnthe dance floor ) from a colleague. Bought some great new shoes for it tho. But I will remember Hennes and zara for future ref. ta muchly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now