Talk

Advanced search

Silver Cross Pop

(12 Posts)
nicolamumof3 Sun 19-Oct-08 08:01:43

Any good? i mean the 2008 version, i know there were some issues with the first ones.

I thought i had cured my pushchair addiction but it seems not, i am hankering after a new one (got the ziko on ebay so its buy, buy, buy!!)

Need to know if this is the right buggy for ds3 who's 15m was considering a volo but the no recline bothers me now. we use a p&t for daily use this would only be for dh car.

lynniep Sun 19-Oct-08 20:39:08

I'd have to say no. I'm relatively disappointed with my pop. Its fine. It does the job. But its not the great everday buggy I thought it would be.

The seat is too shallow, so I always have to have the foot rest bit up because he slides off.
Its a nightmare to push around. Really stiff. Although to be fair a bit of lube on the wheels might help - havent tried.
Cant access (small) basket with reclined seat.
The footmuff is a load of pants. The bit you sit on is ok, but the top bit is really awkward to zip on and off and my son is now too long for it anyway and his feet get squashed. Its a bit narrow too. Of course you don't have to buy the matching footmuff
The clicky strap device is stiff and I have trouble opening and shutting it.
Handles arent adjustable at at 5ft5 I find them just a tad too high for me.
Good Points:
The recline position is fine, and it has a good upright position which is why I got it - DS (19mo) hates not being able to sit bolt upright.
I like the hood - its a good size and covers quite wwell
I also think its good as a 'keep in the boot for shopping' buggy. Doesnt take up too much room.
Handles are good for hanging things off
Like the little pocket on the back
Quite easy to pop up and down.

nicolamumof3 Sun 19-Oct-08 21:06:23

oh no!!! I was going to order one too!! how does it compare to a maclaren have you had one?

are the handles that high im only 5'3"

JanieK Mon 20-Oct-08 13:49:12

I have a pop and I'm 5ft 4. The handles are a bit higher than most but I don't feel them uncomfortable and I use this buggy all the time.

Mine isn't stiff to steer at all so I don't know whether LynnieP has just been unlucky with her's.

The footmuff still fits my son who is quite tall for a 2yr old. Would agree it's not the best footmuff because it is narrow but at the same time it's very snug and he likes it.

Have you got a mothercare or toysrus near you? I just went into my local store and tried ds in it to see if he looked comfy. He was happy in it and has slept a lot in the reclined seat!

nicolamumof3 Mon 20-Oct-08 14:13:12

yes i've just been to look at it in mothercare, didn't find handles tall at all what one do you have janieK i can't decide on colour!! (for a boy)

Ceolas Mon 20-Oct-08 14:17:49

I have the Salsa one from Mothercare and it's my 'car buggy' so I don't use it for long spells really. But I like it and haven't found it stiff at all. My DD is 13 months and still has the leg rest up although my 3 year old niece had a turn in it on holiday and she looked comfy with the leg rest down.

Ceolas Mon 20-Oct-08 14:18:27

I'm 5ft 4 and find the handles OK, although as I said, we're not using it for long walks.

3girlies Mon 20-Oct-08 15:44:23

I had an older model in Blossom and I hated it - small seat and hard to push around, the hood was nice but that was all. Couldn't wait to get rid of it and get another Maclaren!
Sorry to be negative!

nicolamumof3 Mon 20-Oct-08 15:53:26

i think they have improved some things since the 2007 model tho? i like all feedback good bad.

its either a pop or just a basic maclaren volo...can't decide if i need recline and leg rest. not intersted in any other maclarens as had them all already!!

JanieK Mon 20-Oct-08 20:52:42

I have the new 2008 model in jet sport bought for about £80 on ebay). I already had the pop footmuff and parasol (which I used with my 3d) so I stuck to the same colour.

Other reason for choice was that dh wasn't keen on the other neutral colours for ds. The black is smart looking and practical!

Personally I wouldn't buy a buggy that didn't recline as ds still has sleeps. I'm also trying to be prepared for next time around to be able to use it for a new/younger baby wink

Laugs Tue 21-Oct-08 09:43:13

Does anyone know if this pushchair can be used with a buggy board?

Mothercare sold me it on the understanding that it could (it is on their 'official list', I rang the helpline later to check), but I got it home and the instructions say not to use a buggy board with it.

Then again, it also says not to carry shopping bags on the handles, so I'm not sure how seriously to take the advice.

Thanks!

JanieK Tue 21-Oct-08 11:57:03

Sorry don't know. I'm not sure how easy it would be to put one on it with the brakes being where they are.
Maybe it depends what type of buggy board!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now