Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Does this car seat exist?

(7 Posts)
scrappydappydoo Sat 18-Oct-08 22:10:59

I know, very boring but I'm looking for a car seat that is a high backed booster with a five point harness BUT - here's the catch I want an ISOFIX one - I've seen loads of non-isofix but haven't found an isofix one - does one exist?? Thanks in advance

thingamajig Sat 18-Oct-08 22:49:18

There doesnt seem to be one on the market in this country, or abroad as far as I can see. How old is your child? Is it practical to get a group one seat with Isofix then move into another seat when he/she is four?

MrsBadger Sat 18-Oct-08 23:09:34

I don't think they exist - because a highback booster (ie group 2) uses the adult belt it will never need Isofix to attach it, so I imagine it's not ecomonical to put an Isofix thing on a seat where it will be used so little.

SparklyGothKat Sat 18-Oct-08 23:19:13

my sister has a isofix high back booster seat, but not with a 5 point harness

bythepowerofgreyskull Sat 18-Oct-08 23:20:26

we have an isofix high back booster but it uses the seatbelt not a 5 point harness - sorry

scrappydappydoo Sun 19-Oct-08 07:33:31

Hmm - thats what I thought. I'm just reviewing options really - I have dd1 who is a tall 2 yr old and dd2 who is approaching the weight limit on her infant seat. I was thinking of moving dd1 into a highbacked booster with a harness to avoid buying another stage 1 seat. I prefer isofix cos i know that its securely fitted in especially if I'm moving dd1 in early. Thanks anyway

egypt Sun 19-Oct-08 07:48:48

try searching for australian makes, they have to have isofix i believe

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: