Talk

Advanced search

Highchair dilema - HELP!!!!

(23 Posts)
bluebird1 Sat 18-Oct-08 20:39:09

Hi there, I am after some help! I am looking to get a haighchair for my son but am a little lost! We have seen the Tripp Trapp and quite like it but am not really impressed with there being no tray and also have seen the Bloom Fresco which looks lovely but again there are some design flaws. Has anyone got any advice on these chairs or any others which may be worth looking at. Thank you in advance, will certainly help with the decision!

2cats2many Sat 18-Oct-08 20:45:02

Get the IKEA antilop. It looks good, is really easy to clean and only costs about £14. So many of the expensive ones are dirt traps.

flourybaps Sat 18-Oct-08 20:51:39

yep, I;m going to get the antilop, looks quite nice, its cheap and it comes in red so will go nicely with my colour scheme, oh and did I mention it was cheap! wink

cmotdibbler Sat 18-Oct-08 20:51:50

Its either the Tripp Trapp (we love ours, and eating at the table is great) or the Antilop really - all the others are hard to clean or ugly. For 15 quid, you can't go wrong with the Antilop

jaz2 Mon 20-Oct-08 13:39:18

Yes, Antilop is wonderful. Bought it (slightly sceptically) 18 months ago based on MNers advice, and haven't regretted it once!

All my friends have since moaned about their dirt/puke encrusted high chairs that they can't properly clean (and which cost 6 times as much as the Antilop). Mine is as pristine as the day I bought it.

luvaduck Mon 20-Oct-08 13:41:22

agree with cmot
we bought the polly at about 85 quid shock and i hate it. it is a dirt trap, luridly ugly, and has all these functions that you don't need
so we bought the antilop as well. much better.

i desire a tripp trapp though. can 't you get a tray attachment?

jojosmaman Mon 20-Oct-08 13:42:35

Antilop Antilop Antilop!!!

pushchair Mon 20-Oct-08 13:50:11

Have an antilop and a babydan which is similar to tripp trapp. Both at the table, no tray and love them both. Have just ordered a red kite wooden at the table type from asda direct for £32+postage. DD3 is at the stage where she wants to be climbing in to her chair herself. This type is good because it lasts for years.

WalkerBurnie Mon 20-Oct-08 13:53:36

Just thought I would add another vote for Antilop. Had mine for 2 DC now and still going strong. grin

SweetApril Mon 20-Oct-08 17:45:41

Yep, Antilop is fab. They do a very cheap inflatable cushion to fit in it for smaller babies which we found useful for a few months (although impossible to get orange stains out!)
We got one each for the grandparents houses too - under 40 quid the lot. Even fairly easy to transport by taking the legs off. We've taken it to several restaurants in the past where they didn't have highchairs. Can't recommend it enough.

chipmunkswhereareyou Mon 20-Oct-08 18:01:26

Antilop superb!!

scorpio1 Mon 20-Oct-08 18:04:54

We love our tripp trapp - and yes you can sometimes pick up trays, there are often some on ebay.

BloodshotEyeballsintheScarySky Mon 20-Oct-08 18:07:53

Does anyone else have a houdini child who climbs out of the Antilop though. I have found DD standing up in hers once or twice recently. Luckily I was right beside her but I need some sort of harness attachment for the shoulders. I love it though. Have just bought a red one for grandma's house.

TheOtherMaryPumpkins Mon 20-Oct-08 18:16:20

Antilop is £9.99 now grin

TheOtherMaryPumpkins Mon 20-Oct-08 18:16:43

oops forgot linkage www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20140047

CantSleepWontSleep Mon 20-Oct-08 18:17:27

Just in case you decide not to go for the ikea one, this is in a similar vein to the tripp trapp, and worth consideration.

DeJaVousdoo Mon 20-Oct-08 18:26:10

The Antilop and the Tripp Trapp are both fab. I started off with the Inglesia Zuma, I couldn't help myselfblush It's a proper PFB ponce mobile and a total nightmare to live with. TBH the Antilop and the Tripp Trapp are the only serious contenderssmile

Anyway, I've got the Antilop at MILs and the Tripp Trapp at home, personally I prefer the Tripp Trapp because DD sits right up at the table with us. She always seems a bit annexed in the Antilop! The Stokke table top tray is fantastic and it really sticks, I can highly recommend the Stokke combo. Unfortunately I can't find any decent photos of the tray online, but it really is great!

postLady Mon 20-Oct-08 20:36:15

the tripp trapp is great - both my dc's have one and they are the best buys we've made as they will get used for years.

LadySanders Mon 20-Oct-08 20:39:04

i've got one from next, much cheaper than a tripp trapp but essentially the same thing by the looks of it... is aesthetically fairly pleasing and easy to clean...

www.next.co.uk/shot.asp?b=X42&p=1118&s=3&n=Homeware&pid=417-005&exclude=00R00

Miyazaki Mon 20-Oct-08 20:41:06

We have a tripp trapp. I love it, you don't need a tray. And the ikea one (mainly stays in the garden). Either are the business.

procrastinatingparent Mon 20-Oct-08 20:59:07

Antilop. With harness for houdini babies.

2point4kids Mon 20-Oct-08 21:01:49

Tripp Trapp.
I have two they are so good!

blithedance Mon 20-Oct-08 21:04:54

Just buy the Tripp Trapp once baby is old enough not to need the tray/baby set, say 18 months or so. Before that, the Antilop is king.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now