Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Jane Slalom Pro V Mountain Buggy Elite

(20 Posts)
pushchair Sat 18-Oct-08 17:33:57

Am saving up the pennies to buy new three wheeler and have to decide between these two. Prices v.similar. Nowhere near to try out. Advice and opinions please for serial wrong/non decision maker.

pushchair Sat 18-Oct-08 19:45:55

Bump

Geepers Sat 18-Oct-08 19:55:45

MB every time. Fab fab fab.

pushchair Sat 18-Oct-08 20:03:47

And why? Tell me all the details please.

hannahsaunt Sat 18-Oct-08 20:11:42

No idea what an MB is but loving our Jane.

pushchair Sat 18-Oct-08 20:15:29

WHY? Do you appreciate the seat width, shopping basket, adjustable handle? Is it comfy for child, easy on transport, hard wearing?

hannahsaunt Sat 18-Oct-08 20:20:00

Sorry - missed the why.

It was a spontaneous purchase made very much on the spur of the moment with no advance research.

I love the ease of it going up and down.

Ds3 seems very comfy in it (though it doesn't recline totally flat)

Fabulous in woods - does the all terrain thing really well.

Height adjustable handle bar so it's comfy for anyone to push.

Shopping basket is small (downside) but I think it's true of all 3-wheelers.

It's very swivelly and easy to push.

It's been heavily used for a year and still looks new.

Anything I've missed? (I love it's colour too blush)

pushchair Sat 18-Oct-08 20:22:46

Thank you and tell me -what colour did you choose? I like the urban which is green

hannahsaunt Sat 18-Oct-08 20:28:07

Ours is a fabulous red with black. It was last season's colour which meant that it was less than half price in John Lewis as it was the last one and I bought it there and then...like I said impulse buy (but not without reason - our pram chassis had just collapsed in a heap and we struggled to get it fit to carry on the for the rest of that day and ds3 was only 3 weeks old with a heap of newborn gift money to spend). Normally quite nervous about big purchases and agonise for ages but I just did it and haven't looked back.

CarGirl Sat 18-Oct-08 20:34:29

MB

Easier to push, the seat is taller rather than wide, folds smaller, better resell value at a later date.

pushchair Sat 18-Oct-08 20:40:56

Thank you
cargirl have returned e-mail

Teaandcake Sat 18-Oct-08 21:58:46

Easy. Mountain Buggy EVERY time!

Better build quality (actually, the best quality on the market), simple design, easy to use, no fiddly, plasticky clips to snap off and generally better looking!

I used to sell Jane prams in my last job and just hated them. Nearly all of them were returned to us sooner or later with all kinds of problems. No such thing with good old MB!

MBs have a huge shopping basket, top quality raincovers (included in the price, unlike Jane), large comfortable seat and a 3 year warranty which is tranferable if you sell it on.

CuppaTeaJanice Sat 18-Oct-08 22:07:39

Jane

Really easy to push around, even up & down steps and off road. Big seat. Blokes always admire the disc brakes!

Works well as a travel system too, with carrycot and car seat clipping onto the frame directly without the pushchair fabric getting in the way.

Twoleftfeet.co.uk usually have some good offers - their delivery is a bit unreliable though so order in plenty of time.

Never used the mountain buggy so can't advise.

pushchair Sat 18-Oct-08 22:20:02

grin
This isnt helping. At this rate I will have to buy bothgrin
Thanks though. I feel more drawn to the jane because it is pretty and the MB is a bit industrial. But attracted to the sturdy nature of MB and annoyed at small inaccessible shopping basket on jane.

horsemadgal Sat 18-Oct-08 23:21:46

They are both fab, you might be worth trying both right enough grin
If I had to pick one though it would be the Slalom as you can push it easily when folded (I know no-one else thinks of this but it's important when your car is parked 100 metres from your house!!) and also I think it's a nicer seat for smaller babies just out of carrycot, much more support.

amazonianwoman Sun 19-Oct-08 01:42:39

Definitely MB grin

I've had a MB Urban (not Elite, weren't available when I bought it) for over 2 years and it's bomb-proof.

Really well made, good quality fabric & frame, had no faults/problems whatsoever, have taken it EVERYWHERE (beach, countryside, shops etc) It can cope with anything. So easy to push. You can even hose down the fabric if needed.

Shopping basket huge, love the adjustable handle, good quality raincover which actually stays on.

Baby/toddler doesn't slouch in the roomy seat, DS only 19mths but almost 2.5 stone and has loads of room left. DD 4.4 can still fit in it and I could still push it easily, although she isn't allowed grin

Few friends have had Janes and ALL have had probs with front wheel. Fabric looks tacky compared to the MB. Basket is small. Their babies always seemed to slide/slump down in the seat when younger.

I'll be gutted when DS no longer needs ours grin

accessorizequeen Sun 19-Oct-08 22:17:41

I had a Jane Powertrack and now an MB urban single (and a double, come to that). Hands down the MB. Just better built all round. If you're concerned about looks on the MB, just get a buggy snuggle in a nice bright colour! Shopping basket on the MB is great, both the ds's have been v.comfy in it, we've had ours from new for 2 years, in pristine condition. Just sooooo easy to push and fold. I found the Jane a PITA to fold but the slalom might have improved. I think the Jane was all flash and the MB is just 100% well made buggy. Which is why we just bought a 2nd hand, v.well used double which still does the job v.v.well.

pushchair Mon 20-Oct-08 08:28:58

Aha. Well I thought I had decided for the jane because DP liked it. But now I reckon its in the air again and we will just have to find a place to look at both. Thanks everyone for your opinions.

pushchair Mon 20-Oct-08 08:31:21

It is 5-3 to the MB at the moment according to this mini poll grin

accessorizequeen Mon 20-Oct-08 10:50:03

we got the jane because dp liked it (the brake seems to be v.popular with men) but he only used it once a week really so get what suits you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now