Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got BT Vision? How does it compare to Sky and is it cheaper?

(11 Posts)
Phoenix Sat 18-Oct-08 15:19:56

I'm p*ssed off with Sky and would love to tell them where to shove their Sky tv but we really can't go to 5 channels or freeview.

We haven't got cable tv in our area so i think the only other option is BT Vision but we don't know anyone with it to see what it's like.

CatMandu Sat 18-Oct-08 15:22:41

We ordered it, waited for it, cancelled sky (who offered us a discount if we stayed). Eventually the man arrived to install it, it wouldn't work - why? our broadband speed isn't fast enough here. You'd have thought bt would know that. We then had to restart sky.

McDreamy Sat 18-Oct-08 15:24:10

How fast does your broadband need to be? I have ordered it for when we return to the Uk.

Phoenix Sat 18-Oct-08 15:30:43

At the minute we have everything with Sky. Tv (£45), Broadband (£10) and phone (£10) so that's £65 a month to them.

How much is BT vision? Reading the website it sounds a bit complicated hmm.

McDreamy Sat 18-Oct-08 15:32:52

BT vision is £3.50 a week
Broadband £24.99 a month
Line rental £12 a month

First 3 months half price
With the vision scheme you choose 2 out of the following 4 options music, children's, movies, sport which is added to the regular channels

Bloodystumperlicious Sat 18-Oct-08 15:34:58

BT vision is just freeview, and a freeview recorder box. We have it and it is great. Cost us about £100 one off fee but may have changed. Think you have to have their broadband and possibly phone line. We think it is great. We had a few problems when we moved and their customer service/support were rubbish. But other than that is is great.

Phoenix Sat 18-Oct-08 15:36:28

What are the regular channels? Freeview? Do you get channels like Sky One, UK Gold, Living etc...

McDreamy Sat 18-Oct-08 15:37:15

When the BT guy went through the channels with me it's slightly more than freeview, plus the extra channels from the 2 options you choose. (IYSWIM)

McDreamy Sat 18-Oct-08 15:39:31

Plus you get than pause live tv function and you can watch any programme from the last 7 days - which I believe is similar to sky.

SpookyMadMummy Sat 18-Oct-08 17:28:25

You also need a working aerial capable of receiving a digital picture. We were not told this and when we got a quote for repair to our aerial etc it was almost £250. Dh phoned Sky and cancelled the cancel.

Phoenix Sat 18-Oct-08 17:39:39

Thanks for all the replies.

Dh thinks we'll be better sticking with Sky cos it'll be cheaper. We rang up this week and cancelled Sports and Movies anyway to make it cheaper hmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now