Talk

Advanced search

Non Slip Playmats

(7 Posts)
loop118 Fri 17-Oct-08 17:18:19

Would love some advice. I have a 6 month old who is desperate to crawl but she is finding it very frustrating on our slippery wooden floors. Was looking at the interlocking alphabet play mats or something similar but they all say age 3+. ANy ideas why? And can anybody advise on a good mat we could use - the floor is very slippy so the soft play mats are just moving around under her knees! thanks (I am sure I will learn to regret helping her out with the crawling like this - but hey I still have plenty of that pregnancy weight to shift grin

AlexanderPandasmum Fri 17-Oct-08 17:29:43

We have the ELC ones. We DID originally have the alphabet ones (thinking it would be ok and cheaper) but be warned - within a couple of months he was pulling out all the dots on the 'i' s etc and trying to eat them. So, when I saw the ELC pack of 12 was reduced I ended up buying them. At 20 months we are still using them now as it's warmer for him to play on and sit on than the hard floor, and although our house looks like a soft play centre he is safe and comfortable. They are plain coloured ones and 2ft x 2ft which means they cover a pretty large area (our whole floor as the living room is quite small)

Bleedodgy Fri 17-Oct-08 17:30:58

They sell the plain coloured square interlocking ones in Asda much cheaper than in ELC.

MegBusset Fri 17-Oct-08 17:32:43

I've used the ELC alphabet mats since DS started crawling, they are great, although he does like to pull out the middle bits of the B (strangely, it;s the only letter he goes for)

ChippyMinton Fri 17-Oct-08 17:34:19

I expect it's 3+ because the foam is very chewable and babies could choke on the bits.
Ikea sell stuff to put under rugs to stop them slipping - it's like a rubber open weave underlay.

Bleedodgy Fri 17-Oct-08 17:35:48

Or you could get these

loop118 Tue 21-Oct-08 21:27:53

thanks everyone. Finally decided to go with some plain interlocking mats from the childrens store.co.uk. Was worried that the alphabet pieces would end up inside my very active dd mouth!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now