Talk

Advanced search

Phil & teds - Sport or Vibe, which one?

(16 Posts)
babbintot Fri 17-Oct-08 12:23:15

Message withdrawn

annieshaf Fri 17-Oct-08 21:06:02

Hi
I have owned both and there are pros and cons to both but I do prefer the vibe because of the following;

Brake on the handlebar - single most useful change imo as I really struggled with the footbrake on the sport which i often had to bend down and do by hand. this was no good when ds1 was walking as he had a tendency to run off and if I needed to run after him it took me ages to get the brake on by which time he had a good head start on me.

Hood is much bigger, hood on the sport was useless as a sun shade whereas on the vibe it is the most versatile sun hood i have ever seen.

Folds with the double seat on - although this takes a little while to perfect I can now do it quickly without having to lay the buggy on the floor, doubles seat on the sport was sometimes tricky to remove.

Cons of the vibe are that the back wheels feel slightly wider and the access to the shopping tray (which is actually bigger than the sport) is difficult as it doesnt have a flap on the side that you can let down like the sport.

I would definitly go for the vibe despite draw backs.
Hope this helps
A-M

meglet Fri 17-Oct-08 21:09:34

If it helps I have the Sport, the brake is a nightmare, but I still love my P&T. My friend has the Vibe and the new brake is lot better.

babbintot Sat 18-Oct-08 13:52:23

Message withdrawn

nicolamumof3 Sat 18-Oct-08 14:24:43

The sport only reclines flat, semi, or upright.
Have you looked at the dash as well?? they come out next month will be cheaper than the vibe.

babbintot Sat 18-Oct-08 15:02:17

Message withdrawn

nicolamumof3 Sat 18-Oct-08 15:10:09

i have the camo blue, it is so nice and eyecatching not seen another around near me yet either. i love, love, love it!!! however not used for anewborn ds3 was 13m when i got it and ds2 2.6yrs (he goes in main and doubles seat they swap around) we have no pram shops round here either its a real pain as im trying to choose a lightweight buggy atm but want to see and touch!!

babbintot Sat 18-Oct-08 15:54:15

Message withdrawn

MatNanPlus Sat 18-Oct-08 16:00:35

The Vibe in graffiti is pretty and if you go for the black vibe you could dress it with pink liners/cosytoes.

scorpio1 Sat 18-Oct-08 16:03:06

The pink is very bright in RL!

How does the vibe work with a newborn & toddler? Does the doubles kit go on the front? Do you put the baby in a cocoon, in the seat, lie-back?

Thanks!

babbintot Sat 18-Oct-08 16:46:10

Message withdrawn

MatNanPlus Sat 18-Oct-08 18:38:55

Click on the colours button and sit mouse on to change vibe

babbintot Sun 19-Oct-08 13:54:37

Message withdrawn

moomaa Mon 20-Oct-08 20:52:44

Hello, I love my Vibe but think the Sport is good too. New brake, bigger, more comfy seats, big hood, folding with doubles kit on are all nice but the main difference is the look. Depends if you want to pay for the look and a few nice changes.

Geepers Mon 20-Oct-08 20:57:57

The pink is vile. Don't do it. Everyone will comment on what a great colour it is, only to laugh at your ridiculousness behind your back.

babbintot Wed 22-Oct-08 14:55:35

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now