Talk

Advanced search

Transporting my kids, pushchair/buggyboard woes. please advise..

(12 Posts)
littleducks Fri 17-Oct-08 10:04:39

I have a dd (2..5) and ds (6 months)

DD never really used the pushchair until ds came along but when e was born she kicked up a real fuss so i have a p and t sport, but she doesnt like the back seat much and walks more than she sits or is constantly in and so i dont like putting ds in the back and having front seat empty especially as i like to recline it more when he sleeps.

I go out alone 4 days a week minimum and catch a bus on two of those occassion, i can get the p and t on the bus as they ae quiet, although i normally sit dd on my lap and take her seat off.

it is atruggle getting into the buggy now, but she does not walk along nicely. dh wants a buggy board as does dd (she has seen other children with them) but dh never takes them alone with buggy, only i do.

i have a new icndy cherry in the shed that i was supposed to get around to attempting to sell, should i buy a buggy board and put it on that? or put bugyboard on p an t, which is supposed to be a poor fit? or get a new buggy altogether........

ideas please??/

sowot Fri 17-Oct-08 13:04:41

I've used P n T for when no 2 came and now with no 3. I would say don't bother with a buggy board unless you can get one for free. They are ok occasionally for 'fun' but they kill your back and temper - jumping on & off.

I think the P n T is the way to go, its just goes through annoying stages around the 6 month stage because little on is flopping about if they go in the back, but that will pass soon enough. I'd say for the time being put youngest on top and be firm. Big one can squeeze underneath if desperate for rest or needing to get somewhere.

You have to be careful but I also sometimes sit middle one on the handle bars to give her little legs a short break and a snuggle mummy chat time as we go along. Its fun but not that comfy so she soon gets down to walk again. Ps don't let go.

littleducks Fri 17-Oct-08 14:40:55

dd can fit in the back but the basket is all scratched from underneath

is this really the best solution, damn, i was hoping there was something better out there as it aint much fun atm

MegBusset Fri 17-Oct-08 14:46:30

I'm going to have this dilemma next year when DC2 comes along. I'm counting on being able to carry the littley in a sling, is this an option for you?

littleducks Fri 17-Oct-08 14:55:45

tried that with newborn ds but it wasnt great which is why i bought the p and t,

dd gets extremely jealous and has smacked ds head while in a tantrum when he was in a sling and tbh now he is too heavy for me

pushchair Fri 17-Oct-08 15:20:20

had the same with p&t and same age gap. Got a maclaren xt and a buggy board but did have some probs with DD2 jumping off. Sometimes thought of putting her in a harness and finding a way of clipping onto pushchair handles but reckoned would be dangerous. Things worked ok eventually. Unfortunately there does not seem to be an ideal solution to this perennial problem. Think we should start a design company for parenting products.

hazeyjane Fri 17-Oct-08 15:41:10

I would try ds2 in the back, dd2 always slept in the back ok, and its only recently that I have started to swap them over (dd1 is 2.6 and dd2 is 16 months).

We managed to pick up a stroller at a carboot for £2 and a buggy board from a sale for £15 , and it is a pretty good alternative. So maybe you could sell your icandy and get a couple of cheap bits off e-bay.

lillypie Fri 17-Oct-08 15:41:58

What about this it's a bit ugly but practical and apparently kids love it.

I noticed a seller with very similar new ones on ebay yesterday

littleducks Fri 17-Oct-08 18:30:29

hazeyjane do you push dd2 around alone in the back, does it tip at all?

hazeyjane Fri 17-Oct-08 19:00:05

Only if dd1 is 'helping mummy push' ( which is fairly frequently!), I usually put my bag in the front seat, if dd1 hops out.

2point4kids Fri 17-Oct-08 19:06:00

I have similar situation and I put big one in front and little in back. Bag in front if big one is walking!
Buggy board is a nightmare for DS hopping off mid push and going flying!

nicolamumof3 Fri 17-Oct-08 21:17:54

my ds2 loves the p&t and its been a lifesaver there is 18m between my two youngest boys, i normally get ds2 in it if he's creating to walk by offering him a pack of raisins or promise to run down the hill with him etc, and that normally works. DS3 can't yet walk and is a lazy so and so anyway so the p&t has been a huge success for our family after five other doubles!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now