Talk

Advanced search

Bumbo Baby seats- How long does a baby actually use it for ?

(9 Posts)
PootleAndThePoseysMum Thu 16-Oct-08 12:59:18

Hi, I have 8 month old twin girls. Yesterday at a toddlers club they both sat in Bumbo seats which were fantastic and I wonder if I should buy two of them. The thing is that they cost £30 each so quite expensive so I would really want them to be used for at least 6 months to get value for money. Even on e-bay when P&P is added on they are going for a total of £20 so not a great deal cheaper.

My girls were 2 months premature so really they are at the 6 month physical stage - cannot sit unaided at all at the moment.

If you have one did you find it useful? How long did your baby actually use it for? Would you recommend it.

Thank you very much in advance smile

forevared Thu 16-Oct-08 13:04:30

I bought a bumbo but only got use out of it for a couple of weeks max. Saying that, I did have 2 very big boys. DS2 never got to sit in it at all!

If you have wee little girls then you might find they're a good buy. They're great for feeding lo in especially if out and about in the car. I'm about to sell mine on ebay, must check out the prices.

flowerybeanbag Thu 16-Oct-08 13:04:36

We didn't use ours at all. We bought it thinking it was a great idea, tried DS in it a couple of times but basically he went straight from his bouncy chair to his highchair. Partly because we hadn't factored in the dog - obviously we couldn't have DS in a bumbo on the floor with the dog sniffing around trying to lick him.

So we didn't really think our purchase through....blushgrin

wasabipeanut Thu 16-Oct-08 13:07:25

Mine was about 2 months - was handy for that time though. We started off feeding ds in it.

WhereWolfTheWildThingsWere Thu 16-Oct-08 13:08:25

I would recomend paying the £20 on e-bay then putting them straight back on when you have finished with them.

They always sell for £20 ime so you will get all your money back.

They are in great demand second hand.

PootleAndThePoseysMum Thu 16-Oct-08 13:17:08

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly !! I think I'll buy one on ebay and see how it goes before I buy another.

Thanks again smile

FioFio Thu 16-Oct-08 13:17:58

Message withdrawn

Dragonbutter Thu 16-Oct-08 13:19:11

i got one off ebay for £17.
used it for 6 months and sold it on ebay for £17.

PootleAndThePoseysMum Thu 16-Oct-08 13:26:28

On e-bay they tend to go for about £14 and then approx £6 p&p so about £20. Where is your baby shop Fio? I'm in Sutton, Surrey so probably no where near you?

Dragonbutter - I think I'll try and do the same as you.

Foreveared - where are you ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: