Talk

Advanced search

best buggy for buggy board?

(10 Posts)
beforesunrise Wed 15-Oct-08 12:44:06

note careful formulation of my question- not best buggy board for buggy, but the other way round

in other words i have a baby (5months) and a toddler (2y8m). at the moment i have a techno and a lascal buggy board, it works ok but not perfect but as the techno is looking a bit worse for wear so am thinking of replacing it.

i would ideally like something that is handy to push with the buggy board, is light weight and reclines flat.

have been looking at the bugaboo bee but it seems the bugaboo boards dont really work with it? i have a niggling feeling i may just have to go for another techno.

anyone who has any experience, please let me know!

CarGirl Wed 15-Oct-08 12:51:05

I had a bugaboo frog and lascal maxi, it was fantastic, I've also had a graco mirage and buggyboard and that was good too but not if you've got horrible skanky pavements because their is no suspension in the mirage wheels, ditto with the graco citisport.

CarGirl Wed 15-Oct-08 12:51:47

Some of the 3 wheelers are really great too they just easier to push than a techno

beforesunrise Wed 15-Oct-08 13:04:37

so like a quinny? we take public transport a lot so i need a nimble city type buggy...

Rosa Wed 15-Oct-08 13:14:01

M&P Pliko3?

CarGirl Wed 15-Oct-08 14:20:34

quinny buzzz is very wide I'd look at a mini city jogger perhaps?

AccidentalMum Wed 15-Oct-08 19:39:21

The Techno XLR is much, much better than the XT with a buggyboard as the handles are soooo high. I am 5'3" and just stick my arms out, no hunching.

It is heavy to push though when loaded up witn the kids. The Jane Carrera was amazing to push with it's own buggyboard but the seat was so big and slippy for the baby.

I think the Bee would be amazing to push but I just think the chassis seems too fragile and it is a pricy pram to invalidate the warrantee on.

jkklpu Wed 15-Oct-08 19:44:00

Not sure it matters that much but depends on the kind of journeys you're likely to be making, eg lots of public transport or just for walking to the park? Buggy boards when raised make very lightweight buggies, eg Maclarens, very unstable, but if you pay attention to when your baby is in and out of it, it's not a problem.

Remember, you can buy extra clips for the back of a buggy so that you can switch buggies with the board whenever you like. Have a look at cheekyrascals.co.uk - when I called them up, they sent me new clips for free, despite the fact that I hadn't bought my Lascal board from them in the first place.

AccidentalMum Wed 15-Oct-08 20:48:05

The heavier Maclarens are fine with a raised buggyboard.

Swapping boards isn't as easy as they make out as the board needs to be adjusted to fit different width prams.

Forgot to say before that big reversible prams (eg. Mamas and Papas Ultima) are loevly with a buggyboard but not suitable for many people's lifestyles. They have so much space under the handlebar for your older child.

beforesunrise Thu 16-Oct-08 12:44:05

thanks everyone. seems there just isn't a perfect combo- so i 'll stick with maclaren which i think works ok.

why don't they bring out an integrated pram/buggyboard combo? it seems like an obvious gap in the oversaturated buggy market!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: