Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a Tommee Tippee Easiflow beaker?

(9 Posts)
HensMum Tue 14-Oct-08 17:50:04

I just bought one of these for DS and I'm not impressed! According to the instructions, you have to press the base of the spout to release the liquid, meaning that you'd have to be pressing the spout as your child is drinking out of it. Is that right?!
If you don't press the spout it is really dificult to get anything out but are you really supposed to have to hold it all the time?

2point4kids Tue 14-Oct-08 17:54:16

LOL the child presses it as they close their mouth around the spout, not you!

If your DS is quite little still he may take a little while to get the hang of it. If he prefers something that the liquid just pours out of rather than having to suck/squeeze for the drink then try a tommee tippee plastic beaker with the flip up hard spout for a bit first.

HensMum Tue 14-Oct-08 18:43:40

Oooooh! blush It's just the way that the instructions are worded makes it sound like you are supposed to do it.
DS is 1 and I'm trying to get him to take milk from a cup. He has loads of those TT flip up cups for water and juice but won't have milk out of them so I thought I'd try something more bottle-like.

Seona1973 Tue 14-Oct-08 20:01:41

tell him to bite it as he sucks and mime it for him - might feel a bit silly but they usually work it out from that.

nicolamumof3 Tue 14-Oct-08 20:10:47

we had these they are lovely as v.similar to a bottle teat but they didn't last v.long be careful when washing them as i was forever damaging them and you can't get replacment tops.

littleducks Tue 14-Oct-08 20:14:45

you can get replacement tops, 2 the same price as a new beaker, noy stocked everywhere though

Plonker Tue 14-Oct-08 20:15:02

lol HensMum, that made me chuckle grin

My dd has had these cups since she was 6 months old. I've never had to bite it for her show her what to do, i just left a beaker of fresh water with her toys and let her get on with it!

nicolamumof3 Tue 14-Oct-08 20:20:58

oh tt told me they didn't sell them, how annoying!! We are on to anyway up cups now tho x

HensMum Wed 15-Oct-08 12:53:26

Glad I gave someone a laugh Plonker! grin And ironically I do feel like a bit of a plonker...
Will give it another go, luckily DS is good at biting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now