Talk

Advanced search

Pool shoes for 3 year old boy

(16 Posts)
chipmunkswhereareyou Tue 14-Oct-08 10:47:14

I need some pool shoes for my son and am having a nightmare trying to get some in the right size. I've ordered two different pairs online and one was way smaller than they should have been, the other way bigger! (Comparing to Clarks size 8s).

Mothercare have some but only in size 7 or 9 so given ds is really a 7.5 they will either be too big or too small.
Reef grippers from Zoggs are out of stock in his size.

Any other ideas?

solo Tue 14-Oct-08 10:50:09

Chipmunks where are you? No, I'm serious, where are you?

solo Tue 14-Oct-08 10:52:36

I bought a bigger size for Dd in Tesco's they were fine, though I'd definitely put a pair of socks on with them as they rubbed her instep.

chipmunkswhereareyou Tue 14-Oct-08 14:18:32

Hi - strange nickname I know. It's a question my son's always asking as he loves the film. grin

How long ago did you get the Tesco's ones? Didn't see any the other day in there.
Can't really do the socks thing as we're going somewhere hot!

solo Tue 14-Oct-08 17:18:09

It was in the 'Summer' and was at the coast, but if you have a Tesco with a large clothing department, they might be able to help you with some in the stock room?
Shame, I've just had a look and I've got some 7's, but they are bright pink and black. Unlikely that they'll be considered cool for a younf lad hmm. Could you not ring round the different Mothercare stores to see if anyone has an 8?
What about watersports shops, diving stores etc? or even getting some when you are away? sorry, you've probably thought of all these things, but I know how frustrating it is trying to get hold of small but esswntial things before a holiday...
Freecycle?
Hope you get what you need. Have a great time.

chipmunkswhereareyou Fri 17-Oct-08 10:33:44

STILL no luck. Everyone everywhere seems to be out of stock in ds's size.

brimfull Fri 17-Oct-08 10:35:19

crocs?

bundle Fri 17-Oct-08 10:38:44

why do you want pool shoes?

chipmunkswhereareyou Fri 17-Oct-08 10:46:43

Ds hates walking on the beach barefoot when it's hot and getting sand in sandals. As pool shoes are 'closed' they stop the sand getting in.

chipmunkswhereareyou Fri 17-Oct-08 10:47:40

Holes in crocs so sand goes in and he spends the whole time complaining! I'm not one for pandering but it's easier and also I know where he's coming from as I hate sand in my shoes too!

bundle Fri 17-Oct-08 10:51:41

oh
we have some old ones but I can't remember what size they are. from tesco's website iirc

solo Fri 17-Oct-08 11:43:36

Well, if you can't get any before you go, try to get some when you get there.

What about 'sandshoes' or plimsoles as they are known more so now. They might do the job and are only £2 from Woolworths.

chipmunkswhereareyou Fri 17-Oct-08 12:32:21

Hurray - finally found some online!

Do Woolies sell those at this time of year - I guess we need some sandal type shoes for the holiday too....

solo Fri 17-Oct-08 12:36:35

Yes, I bought some(more) last week. Ds managed to tear his at school, so had to find some urgently. They definitely had black rubbery smelling plimsoles for £2.00
You should surely find stuff reduced now? sandals and the like?

chipmunkswhereareyou Fri 17-Oct-08 12:38:17

Not sure as I figured they'd have taken summer sale stuff out of the stores by now. Will go and look though...

solo Fri 17-Oct-08 12:40:20

What about asking on Freecycle? It's not like your Dc will be in them long anyway and the likelyhood is that they'd be hardly used when he got them anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now