Talk

Advanced search

What sells best at NCT...Toys/Clothes/Baby Equipment

(14 Posts)
nicolamumof3 Tue 14-Oct-08 10:46:11

I can't take everything to the sale next month! But i have tons to shif including, two bouncy chairs, two bath seats, maternity cushion, maternity clothes and nursing bra's, toys mostly for up to 12m, clothes 0-3yrs. What sells best? its going to take me a day to label them all up!!

Thanks x

Housemum Tue 14-Oct-08 13:09:49

Big toys and baby equipment sell well.

What we advise doesn't sell well (at least her in Basingstoke) is:

handknitted stuff
0-3 mths & newborn
maternity wear
cuddly toys

Does your branch send seller guidelines? There are a few items you can't sell - eg used bottles/cups, anything mains electrical, kids' cycles over certain height, baby walkers, door bouncers, sit-in exercisers (like the learn & groove leapfrog thing).

Am getting excited as our sale is on Saturday grin Have been helping (and selling) for 5 years!

hanaflower Tue 14-Oct-08 13:18:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Flum Tue 14-Oct-08 13:20:29

Equipment and toys.

Make sure it really is Nearly New not just second hand.

Try to imagine if someone could give it as a present and if so then it is good enough to go in.

Clothes up to 6 months don't sell well as people seem to like to buy new and get lots of pressies for this age group.

Annoyingly maternity clothes do not sell well.

elkiedee Tue 14-Oct-08 13:25:45

I'd prioritise the equipment such as bouncy chairs, and then the bigger baby clothes - most people have as much as they need of newborn stuff and will be looking for next size up unless something's very nice/in impeccable condition and/or a real bargain.

Good luck with selling.

iamnotimpressed Tue 14-Oct-08 13:35:00

Grobags seem to be popular too.

HollyWeen Tue 14-Oct-08 13:42:41

I helped at an NCT sale a couple of weeks ago and I can second (or third!) maternity clothes not selling. I put all mine in and I sold one cardigan and all of it was Next/Blooming Marvellous etc. I ended up selling it on ebay for more than I would have done at the NCT sale, so it was all good anyway!

There were hundreds of Grobags and they all went, so those are good to put in. Most of the 6-18 month clothes went as did the bath seats and bouncy chairs. All of the moses baskets sold too.

HTH!

nicolamumof3 Tue 14-Oct-08 16:15:52

great that does help just got to attach all the labels now!!
Thanks everyone xx

FourArms Tue 14-Oct-08 16:34:53

Yes, I'd agree with all that. I took 10 boxes of stuff, and apart from two toys, all that came back was clothes. I sold loads of toys and baby equipment. Wish I'd priced a few things a bit higher, but never mind.

nicolamumof3 Tue 14-Oct-08 18:14:58

I think im just going to concentrate on the toys and baby equipment then, esp with xmas coming up people may want more toys than clothes?

Littlefish Tue 14-Oct-08 18:28:21

All-in-one waterproofs, or coats sell well at ours.

Agree with Grobags too - they go as soon as they are put out!

Dressing up clothes seem to go as well.

nicolamumof3 Tue 14-Oct-08 18:29:57

thank you i've got some dressing up stuff too!! i don't think im going to be able to carry it all now lol!!

MingMingtheWonderPet Tue 14-Oct-08 18:37:21

Bumbo went quickly, as did the playpen that I sold.
Good condiiton reusable nappies went for a gd price.
Galt playnest
Stairgates
Grobags

HollyWeen Tue 14-Oct-08 19:00:33

There were about 5-6 Bumbos at our sale and they were all snapped up by the volunteers before the sale even opened!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: