Talk

Advanced search

What pushchairs are rear-facing?

(29 Posts)
HolidaysQueen Tue 14-Oct-08 10:07:47

My DS is 6 months old. We were given an old forward-facing pram/pushchair by a friend which was fine from birth but now I don't like it. DS is now often awake and alert when we go for walks but is either glazed over or upset then gets so excited and smiley when I stop to talk to him, plus I find walks boring because we can't sing and talk. So I avoid walks unless it is nap time when really I want to be out and about showing him the world.

The only rearward ones I'm aware of are Bugaboos. What other pushchairs out there are rearward facing?

differentWitch Tue 14-Oct-08 10:09:21

What sort of budget are you working with?

nicolamumof3 Tue 14-Oct-08 10:22:07

loola, M&P Pliko Switch, Hauck infinity...

wontbepreggersagain Tue 14-Oct-08 10:28:31

hq- hello smile

give us a budget- new/used etc, i've got a huge list of the buggers and pros and cons of each grin

DartmoorMama Tue 14-Oct-08 10:30:45

Mutst, Quinny, quite a lot now actually.

MerlinsBeard Tue 14-Oct-08 10:57:23

loads now but it does depend on your budget!

HolidaysQueen Tue 14-Oct-08 13:18:09

TBH I hadn't even thought as far as a budget - just wanted to know if there was more than a Bugaboo around! As he's 6 months, we don't need the whole car seat/pram type stuff and we may want DC2 in 18 months or so (no sooner), so by then I'll be ready to trade up. So it probably shouldn't be too fancy but at the same time we're not too tight on money at the moment so we don't need to go bargain basement. So let's say around £200 but that is flexible - and happy to go second hand or new.

We're in London so it needs to be good on city streets, in crowds and in shops, and ideally on the tube although I avoid that or take him in the backpack - the pram we were given is a Mothercare Urban Detour 3 wheeler and is a bit too big and cumbersome for me really.

It doesn't need to go in the car too much - have a Techno XT from parents for holidays, days out etc. - but does need to fold down reasonably neatly to fit in the house.

babyjjbaby Tue 14-Oct-08 13:34:46

kiddicare had hauck infinitys on special offer last week

alkar Tue 14-Oct-08 13:38:47

We have a loola and its fabgrin DS is 8 months old and still faces me

PigeonPie Tue 14-Oct-08 13:39:37

The Stokke Xplory can be forward or rear facing. I love ours.

wontbepreggersagain Tue 14-Oct-08 14:57:27

i'd reccomend the hauck infinty- you could always get the carrycot later!

AlexanderPandasmum Tue 14-Oct-08 15:09:58

We also have a Loola - which I got from Ebay, new condition, for only £100! I got it for similar reasons - was going back to work and wanted to be able to chat to 10 month old DS on the way home when I hadn't seen him all day. The only thing I would say is that he doesn't seem that comfortable in it compared to his old pushchair, but you could always do what I did and go to yor nearest John Lewis (etc) and ask to 'test drive' the pushchairs, and then get one for a cheaper price if you wish.

eclectech Tue 14-Oct-08 15:15:00

The iCandy Cherry can face either way, very easy to put up / down and fairly compact. I really like it and DS seems happy in it.

babyjjbaby Tue 14-Oct-08 15:17:37

hauck infinity

mamadiva Tue 14-Oct-08 15:24:50

Emmaljunga Cerox

Huge but I loved it soo much I want another one!

EachPeachPearMum Tue 14-Oct-08 15:33:11

Are the infinitys good quality?
I need a travel system for DC2 in Jan- must have rear-facing pushchair bit.
Budget not a problem, but no bugaboos/quinnys/explorys for us- too 'trendy'!
Don't intend to use car seat much, and have one already, but want a carrycot type bit for first 5 or 6 months. Will be used everyday (prob 3 or 4 times perday!) in-city walking.

Do you have to remove the pushchair bit to get it to fold up?

babyjjbaby Tue 14-Oct-08 15:34:29

if budget was not a problem i would have a mamas and papas mpx and a seat unit

EachPeachPearMum Tue 14-Oct-08 15:40:51

Hmm- don't like the 'upholstery' on those!
Anyone got a Herbie- they're more me IYKWIM.

MadameOvary Tue 14-Oct-08 15:53:12

Someone was selling a Loola for £50 on my local Gumtree shock

freakypenguin Tue 14-Oct-08 15:55:55

bebeconfort ones are the cheapest new, on kiddicare.com. believe me, i've recently been doing LOTS of research on just this. i too am a total rear-facing fan. HATE not being able to chat/sing to baby when on walks. my search was mostly conducted here

HolidaysQueen Wed 15-Oct-08 09:25:28

thanks for all your help - gives me loads of ideas beyond bugaboos

MerlinsBeard Wed 15-Oct-08 10:30:55

we have a Loola Up (same as a Loola but with one handle and better (imo) shopping basket) which can be rear or front facing. The hood is a PITA but other than that i love it

EachPeachPearMum Thu 16-Oct-08 11:02:34

Could I ask about pushchairs with 'bucket type seats' (infinity, etc)- how comfortable is LO when they are reclined?
(we had a mamas papas aria for DD, and the seat is a flat type, so she was really comfy when laid down.)
Are bucket type ones suitable for really teenies? Would their back be afffected?

freakypenguin Thu 16-Oct-08 13:33:20

scrub what i said about loolas being the cheapest. blush hauck infinities seem the cheapest going. i was misinformed!

arabicabean Thu 16-Oct-08 16:17:30

If budget and lead time to delivery not a problem, you could look at Emmaljunga City Cerox 360. Faces both ways and a fabulous Swedish pushchair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now