Talk

Advanced search

Maclaren Volo

(16 Posts)
nicolamumof3 Mon 13-Oct-08 21:54:19

Any good? am selling my lovely ziko frankie but don't want to be without an umbrella fold for the car, but only use rarely (have p&t for daily use and i don't drive) just wondered if they are any good, or is the seat scratchy, can it be taken off and washed (im a clean buggy freak!) and is it ok with no lay back option?

DS3 is 15m

Thanks!

SammyK Mon 13-Oct-08 21:56:17

I would say the only drawback is no recline - though this is only a problem if you have a sleepy child who likes to be reclined. My DS can sleep anywhere - except his bed hmm grin

I love ours, it stays in the car boot for boring shopping trips long days out. smile

nicolamumof3 Mon 13-Oct-08 21:57:49

that is my only worry as if we take it on hols next year in the evenings he may go to sleep in it at 2yrs old so no good really is it. im talking myself out of it already!!

SammyK Tue 14-Oct-08 08:21:32

Have you considered a reclining maclaren? Same size but comfy, and only slightly heavier, still good for car. I have a volo for the car and a quest for day to day which is also fab.

Anna8888 Tue 14-Oct-08 08:24:02

I've had two Volos and think they are great. Yes, you can wash the seat (in the washing machine).

nicolamumof3 Tue 14-Oct-08 09:14:14

I've had a ryder, a quest and a triumph, so thought maybe a volo next time! grin

sfxmum Tue 14-Oct-08 09:16:40

very useful very light easy to use anywhere but it does not recline, not a problem for us but might be for some

nicolamumof3 Tue 14-Oct-08 09:18:21

its the only thing that puts me off as if we take it on holiday next year ds3 at 2yrs old may still nap in it in the evenings. I have a phil n teds for daily use this would just be occasional to keep in dps car (i don't drive anyway)

Celery Tue 14-Oct-08 09:18:47

My ds quite happily naps in the volo. It's a great buggy. SO light and easy to push.

nicolamumof3 Tue 14-Oct-08 09:38:33

i want the black and lime one i think! just need to sell my other buggy first! grin

nannyL Tue 14-Oct-08 09:39:58

The Maclaren volo ismy favourite bugy ever... so light and easy to push

It doesnt recline, but if that doesnt matter to you then get it

WhereWolfTheWildThingsWere Tue 14-Oct-08 09:42:41

'Tis a lovely buggy, just get one of those squashy neck pillows that you get for the car.

nicolamumof3 Tue 14-Oct-08 09:44:48

yes we've got one of those, good idea, they come with raincover and hood as well now don't they?

sfxmum Tue 14-Oct-08 13:57:16

yes raincover and hood

moshie Tue 14-Oct-08 14:07:52

I'd never get a buggy that doesn't recline, what about naps on holiday when you want to be out and about?

nicolamumof3 Tue 14-Oct-08 16:31:50

I don't think he would nap in the daytime in it tbh as we won't be going far, im not even sure we will go away next year!! i think i will just sell the ziko and then see if i miss it and need another lightweight buggy and go from there, just lusting after a nice shiny new 'purchase'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now